Senior Software Engineer @CodeCheck
Poland / Germany / UK
The Codility Mission
The world needs more problem-solving capacity, so at Codility we’re redefining how some of the most influential software engineering teams in the world are built. Using our platform, candidates are evaluated on an even playing field based on the technical skills that matter so companies can make better hiring decisions without wasting engineering time.
Over 10 years we’ve helped thousands of engineering leaders build high-performing, diverse teams, and evaluated the problem-solving skills of over 12 million job candidates. 2020 drove our customers online putting our platform at the forefront of remote-first hiring, helping companies like Microsoft, Tesla and Slack evolve their approach. We are driving a shift in how world class engineering teams are formed and have a bold vision for the future of tech hiring.
As a result of our continued success, we’re expanding our very own Software Engineering Team.
Location: Poland, Germany, UK - please note at the current time we're unable to issue any sponsorship so you must have the authority to work in the specific location.
Why Codility needs you.
We are growing at warp speed. Every innovative company in the world is looking to attract and hire the best developer talent, and do it in a way that is fast, easy and efficient. As the leader in technical hiring, we help recruiters and engineering teams save time and win in the war for talent by focusing their attention on the best technical candidates.
In order to do this, we are seeking a Senior Software Engineer on our CodeCheck team. The CodeCheck team is responsible for providing the most effective and intuitive screening process to help customers to identify the best tech talent.
As a key member of our team you’ll be influential in designing new features to our application & exposing new analytical data for our customers.
What you will do.
- Developing reusable, testable, and efficient code using Python
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Testing what you write and contributing to how it runs, is deployed, and scaled in collaboration with the Infrastructure team
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Collaboration with the Research and Design Teams in order to understand end user requirements for the implementation of new software features
Who you are.
- You have demonstrable experience as a Python Developer for a product/SaaS organization with good knowledge of Docker, REST web services etc.
- You are proficient in designing & developing Web Services (REST)
- You have Demonstrable exposure to the the tech stack of: PostgreSQL, Docker, RDS, PyTest, Kubernetes
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as React, Vue, Angular, etc.
- Strong familiarity with Architecture patterns
We would love if you have.
Experience with our Codility Tech Stack:
- Frontend: ES2018, React, Redux, styled-components, Jest
- Backend: Python 3.8, Django, Golang
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redshift, DynamoDB
- Continuous Deployment/Tools: Gitlab/GitlabCI, PyCharm, Goland
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes (EKS), Istio, Prometheus stack, AWS, Chef
What we offer.
- A progressive remote first culture with an aggressive compensation plan.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan that gives everyone interest in the company.
- Amazing benefits to include
- 27 days of PTO
- 4 mental health days
- 18 Bank Holidays
- Incredible health, dental, and vision
- Yearly health & Wellness budget
- Yearly Personal Development budget
- An inclusive culture with multiple Employee Resource Groups
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.