Who are we?
Codility is the #1 rated technical hiring platform. Our mission is to enable engineering teams to make accurate and fair hiring decisions efficiently. Codility is partnering with innovative companies like Microsoft, Amazon and PayPal to help them build and grow diverse, high-performing engineering teams through our CodeCheck platform to screen candidate skills; CodeLive to host technical interviews; and CodeChallenges for recruitment marketing. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us get there.
By joining Codility, you will have the unique opportunity to impact the HR tech stacks of high growth to enterprise companies and drive a new shift in how world class engineering teams are built. Today, Codility powers 1,500+ businesses in 63 countries; facilitates 50,000+ candidate evaluations monthly; and has evaluated over 12 million engineers and counting.
Why Codility needs you.
We are growing at warp speed. Every innovative company in the world is looking to attract and hire the best developer talent and do it in a fast, easy, and efficient way. As the leader in technical hiring, we help recruiters and engineering teams save time and win in the war for talent by focusing their attention on the best technical candidates.
To do this, we are seeking a VP of Engineering to lead our application development teams. The VP of Engineering will report directly to the CTO, be part of Codility’s senior engineering leadership team and work closely with our product team and with various key stakeholders across the organization. The ideal candidate will have experience working on a large range of problems. The position involves taking these skills and experience and applying them to some of the most exciting and massive remote-first tech-hiring opportunities that exist on the market today.
Being a technology-driven organization, our development teams work cross-functionally to build products from conception to launch by bringing together engineering and business worlds. The world is moving fast and our culture empowers ownership and minimal bureaucracy. It’s an environment that enables you to do what you think is right – and quickly - move fast, fail, learn, and pivot. As a member of the senior engineering leadership team, you will report directly to the CTO, work closely with the product leadership, have high visibility among the C-suite and a direct impact on Codility’s growth and expansion.
What you will do.
- Define and deliver our technology roadmap, foster innovation and allow our multi-disciplinary teams to deliver on our mission
- Help to architect and design scalable products, systems, APIs and business processes to support Codility’s rapid growth
- Co-own the product roadmap together with the director of Product Management and find a good balance between short and long term goals
- Lead and grow multiple Engineering Managers, Tech leads and engineering teams committed to building innovative products
- Champion engineering excellence, establishing success metrics, and drive continuous operational improvement
- Work effectively cross-functionally to drive change and influence technology, architecture and process decisions
- Be both a deep technical leader and a thoughtful people manager
Who you are.
- You are comfortable managing ambiguity, leading change, aligning stakeholders, and helping the team do the same delivering world-class results
- You are an analytical, data driven individual with excellent communication skills and know how to achieve success and buy in through influence.
- Technical hands-on mentality, high business acumen, natural enthusiasm and curiosity and a “make things happen” attitude
- You’re a leader who balances pragmatism with visionary leadership
- Proven experience building high performing development teams and managing an organization of 50+
- You have an excellent understanding of distributed systems architecture, cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure) and container technologies (Docker and Kubernetes)
We would love if you have.
- Experience with scaling systems and products from early stage to enterprise grade
- Past experience with deployments on cloud infrastructure (AWS, Kubernetes)
- Outstanding communication skills, as you'll be working with multiple stakeholders, championing your strategy and considering a wide variety of views
- Exceptional creative problem solving and analytical thinking
- Empathic leadership skills with Executive presence
What we offer.
- A progressive remote first culture with an aggressive compensation plan.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan that gives everyone interest in the company.
- Amazing benefits to include
- 27 days of PTO
- 4 mental health days
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Incredible health, dental, and vision
- Yearly health & Wellness budget
- Yearly Personal Development budget
- Inclusive culture with multiple Employee Resource Groups
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.