The Codility Mission
The world needs more problem-solving capacity, so at Codility we’re redefining how some of the most influential software engineering teams in the world are built. Using our platform, candidates are evaluated on an even playing field based on the technical skills that matter so companies can make better hiring decisions without wasting engineering time.
Over 10 years we’ve helped thousands of engineering leaders build high-performing, diverse teams, and evaluated the problem-solving skills of over 12 million job candidates. 2020 drove our customers online putting our platform at the forefront of remote-first hiring, helping companies like Microsoft, Tesla and Slack evolve their approach. We are driving a shift in how world class engineering teams are formed and have a bold vision for the future of tech hiring.
We are seeking a Controller/ Sr. Accounting Manager who will be responsible for leading our accounting team and processes globally. You’ll be responsible for managing a broad range of accounting matters including billing, A/R, A/P, preparation of financial statements, financial audits, financial reporting and tax and other regulatory compliance matters.
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a fast growing, global technology company with offices in Poland, UK, US, and Germany
- Work within a pragmatic and fair team environment
- Be a change agent and help getting the company ready for the next growth steps
Scope of responsibilities:
- Preparing group consolidation and preparation of group financial statements
- Oversee all accounting operations including billing, A/R, A/P, GL, cost accounting and revenue recognition
- Review the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes including detailed analysis and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts and preparation of financial statements in compliance with IFRS.
- Manage and develop a team of Accounting professionals - currently 3 direct reports.
- Manage the outsourced accounting/ compliance team in the UK
- Lead the annual audit and R&D tax credit process
- Assist with specific projects and initiatives, such as system implementations and business process improvements
You will love this job if you have:
- Masters in Accounting
- CPA/ACCA required
- 7+ years of experience in accounting, public company experience preferred
- 2+ years of managing a team
- International entity and tax experience desired
- Experience with SaaS model revenue recognition and accounting processes
- Experience with a fast-growing company
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Benefits @ Codility
Codility believes in a people-first culture, reflected in our core benefits package:
- Remote first culture with hubs in San Francisco, London, Warsaw, and Berlin;
- You choose where you want to work be it 100% from home or in an office;
- 27 days of PTO globally with generous Holiday allowance and four additional mental health days designated for mental wellbeing;
- Employee incentive stock options;
- Company retirement match;
- Robust physical and mental health benefits;
- Investment in your ongoing development through our learning fund;
- Culture of trust, empowerment, and inclusion.
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.