The Codility Mission
The world needs more problem-solving capacity, so at Codility we’re redefining how some of the most influential software engineering teams in the world are built. Using our platform, candidates are evaluated on an even playing field based on the technical skills that matter so companies can make better hiring decisions without wasting engineering time.
Over 10 years we’ve helped thousands of engineering leaders build high-performing, diverse teams, and evaluated the problem-solving skills of over 12 million job candidates. 2020 drove our customers online putting our platform at the forefront of remote-first hiring, helping companies like Microsoft, Tesla and Slack evolve their approach. We are driving a shift in how world class engineering teams are formed and have a bold vision for the future of tech hiring.
As a result of our continued success, we’re growing and expanding our own Software Engineering Team.
Location: Poland, Germany, UK - please note at the current time we're unable to issue any sponsorship.
We have an exciting role in the capacity of a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Interview Team, the work you will be focussing on is crucial to our CodeLive platform, which encompasses a live pair programming environment with web-based IDE, video calls, whiteboard drawing and other collaborative features.
The goal of this team is to allow clients to connect and hire the best candidates remotely in a data-driven and unified way, making it an effective, and an enjoyable experience for our users.
What you will do with us:
We expect the person to join our CodeLive platform team to ensure that it is ready for large scale usage whilst that the realtime pair programming experience is flawless.
You have exposure to designing and building new services with Python in the Django framework
Test what you write, contribute to how it runs, is deployed, and scaled with Infrastructure team
Be curious about our product
Help us in balancing the time-quality-feature, break features into smaller pieces
Contribute to Codility Engineering, how we build, develop, and release our software
Help less experienced engineers to grow and develop
Work close with frontend developers
Eagerness to optimize the platform in order to have a positive impact on our clients
You will be a great fit for this role if:
- Exceptional coding ability with Python and Django
- Proficiency in designing and developing with real time applications at production scale, ideally with Python, (Other languages are fine)
- "You build it, you run it" approach: experience managing services end-to-end, from developing to deploying to monitoring
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with business stakeholders, product managers, and engineering peers.
- Proven experience in leading complex backend development projects
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Redis
- The ability to mentor, and come to the table with new ideas
- Problem solving across the board not only on code
- (Nice to have) Basic understanding of front-end technologies
- Frontend: ES2018, React, Redux, styled-components, Jest,
- Backend: Python 3.8, Django, Golang
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redis, NoSQL Redshift, DynamoDB
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes (EKS), Istio, Prometheus stack, AWS, Chef, Gitlab/GitlabCI
Benefits @ Codility
Codility believe in a people first culture, reflected in our core benefits package:
- Remote first culture with hubs in San Francisco, London, Warsaw, and Berlin
- You choose where you want to work be it 100% from home or in an office
- 27 days of PTO globally with generous Holiday allowance and four additional mental health days designated for mental wellbeing
- Employee incentive stock options
- Company retirement match
- Robust physical and mental health benefits
- Investment in your ongoing development through our learning fund
- Culture of trust, empowerment, and inclusion
Disclaimer:At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.