The Codility Mission
The world needs more problem-solving capacity, so at Codility we’re redefining how some of the most influential software engineering teams in the world are built. Using our platform, candidates are evaluated on an even playing field based on the technical skills that matter so companies can make better hiring decisions without wasting engineering time.
Over 10 years we’ve helped thousands of engineering leaders build high-performing, diverse teams, and evaluated the problem-solving skills of over 12 million job candidates. 2020 drove our customers online putting our platform at the forefront of remote-first hiring, helping companies like Microsoft, Tesla and Slack evolve their approach. We are driving a shift in how world class engineering teams are formed and have a bold vision for the future of tech hiring.
As a result of our continued success, we’re expanding our very own Software Engineering Team.
Location: Poland, Germany, UK - please note at the current time we're unable to issue any sponsorship.
We have an exciting role in the capacity of a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our Screening Team, the work you will be focussing on is crucial to our CodeCheck element of our platform. The team’s focus is to provide candidates with the best experience during their time solving assessments, and to help customers make the right decisions based on signals from the assessment.
This will be an influential role as the 2nd Frontend Engineer in the team, your knowledge and experience will be essential to the success of our CodeCheck solution. Your responsibilities will include improving and extending the solution editor UI and the interface customers use to create new tests.
What you will be doing with us:
- Accessibility assurance - others’ careers depend on our UI. Make sure it meets the WCAG accessibility standard.
- Contributing to UX - deliver innovative features for our customers, contributing from the early UX discussions to implementation
- Product development - work closely with our Product and Design colleagues to design and develop our product, proactively propose and implement efficient frontend solutions,
- System design - design and implement frontend architecture, using and developing necessary libraries and tools, to be more flexible and scalable
- System maintenance - investigate and fix defects in the frontend part of the system, work on improving code quality,
- Software development craftsmanship - help others maintain a high quality of developed software, for example by introducing modern technologies, contributing to design, reviewing code and pair programming. Enable teams to contribute to our codebase
You will be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Solid foundation of Frontend base technologies (React, Typescript, Jest, Redux, React Testing Library)
- At least a year of recent experience in React, & a few years of experience in React, Angular or Vue in total
- Experience in unit, integration and E2E testing
- Experience applying WCAG standards is a plus
- Experience in designing REST APIs is a plus
- Experience working with Python backend is a plus
- Foster an inclusive & diverse team environment
Codility Tech Stack:
- Frontend: ES2018, Typescript, React, Redux, styled-components, Jest, React Testing Library
- Backend: Python 3.8, Django, Golang
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redshift, DynamoDB
- Continuous Deployment/Tools: Jenkins, Gitlab/GitlabCI, PyCharm/VSCode
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes (EKS), Istio, Prometheus monitoring stack, AWS, Chef.
Benefits @ Codility
We believe in a humanity first culture, reflected in our core benefits package:
- Remote first culture with hubs in San Francisco, London, Warsaw, and Berlin; you choose where you want to work be it 100% from home or in an office
- 27 days of PTO globally with generous Holiday allowance and four additional mental health days designated for mental wellbeing
- Highly Desirable Remuneration
- Employee incentive stock options
- Personal Development opportunities with experts in an international team.
- Culture of Trust & Empowerment
- Working in an agile, cross-functional team, iterating quickly during the product development cycle
Disclaimer: At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.