The world needs more problem-solving capacity, so at Codility we’re redefining how some of the most influential software engineering teams in the world are built. Using our platform, candidates are evaluated on an even playing field based on the technical skills that matter so companies can make better hiring decisions without wasting engineering time.
Over 10 years we’ve helped thousands of engineering leaders build high-performing, diverse teams, and evaluated the problem-solving skills of over 12 million job candidates. 2020 drove our customers online putting our platform at the forefront of remote-first hiring, helping companies like Microsoft, Tesla and Slack evolve their approach. We are driving a shift in how world class engineering teams are formed and have a bold vision for the future of tech hiring.
Due to the success of the Codility product, we are expanding, looking to build on our already incredible capabilities, and require a Data Lead as a result.
As the Lead Data Engineer at Codility, you'll act as a connector between our data teams and the rest of our diverse engineering department to create high-performance data processing solutions that scale.
What you will do with us:
You will own the democratise the data within the company
- Make it easy to plug the data to analytical and machine learning models (training and in production)
- Provide advanced analytical capabilities to our products, so customers can make better decisions and candidates have equal chances,
- Use your knowledge and experience to build the Data Engineering Team.
- Build new data platform and internal analytical stack to support product decisions,
- Within the platform, combine data from multiple sources (from web analytics to application data) and make its consumption simpler
- Design and build how we work with data in our main application.
You’re a great fit for this role if you:
- Proven exposure in rolling out a company wide analytical stack,
- Hands-on experience in building ETL processes (for example, Spark, AWS Glue, GCP Data Flow, Databricks) and workflows (Argo Workflows, Airflow or similar)
- Deploy and manage data technologies on AWS, GCP is a big plus
- Good programming skills, preferable Python,
- Good knowledge about RDBMS (for example, Postgres, MariaDB, Amazon RDS) and NoSQL
- Experience with Data Warehouse solutions (for example Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Data Lake)
- Experience with supporting Machine Learning projects is a big plus (for example, Amazon SageMaker, Google AI Platform, Kubeflow),
Codility Tech Stack:
- Frontend: ES2018, React, Redux, styled-components, Jest,
- Backend: Python 3.8, Django, Golang
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redshift, DynamoDB
- Continuous Deployment/Tools: Gitlab/GitlabCI, IntelliJ IDEs
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes (EKS), Istio, Prometheus monitoring stack, AWS, Chef.
What we offer:
Codility believe in a “people first” culture, reflected in our core benefits package:
- Macbook and all the tech gadgets to get you up and running because….
- A remote first company with the option of a hybrid model, so having top of the range tech is a high priority
- Generous PTO/Holiday allowance
- Highly Desirable Remuneration
- Personal Development opportunities with experts in an international team.
- Culture of Trust & Empowerment
- Working in an agile, cross-functional team, iterating quickly during the product development cycle
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.