The world needs more problem-solving capacity, so at Codility we’re redefining how some of the most influential software engineering teams in the world are built. Using our platform, candidates are evaluated on an even playing field based on the technical skills that matter so companies can make better hiring decisions without wasting engineering time.
Over 10 years we’ve helped thousands of engineering leaders build high-performing, diverse teams, and evaluated the problem-solving skills of over 12 million job candidates. 2020 drove our customers online putting our platform at the forefront of remote-first hiring, helping companies like Microsoft, Tesla and Slack evolve their approach. We are driving a shift in how world class engineering teams are formed and have a bold vision for the future of tech hiring.
As a result of our continued success, we’re growing and expanding our own Software engineering team.
We have an exciting role as a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Content delivery team who are responsible for enabling new content, support and maintaining the highest quality of existing systems which is accountable for showing and assessing candidate tests.
Where your expertise is needed:
The objective of our content delivery team is to enable new technical possibilities for our authors to create and deliver new & exciting content, whilst maintaining and extending existing systems.
We expect that the person that will join our team to be proficient in Python and to be a fast learner with knowledge of Docker, REST web services etc.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing reusable, testable, and efficient code using Python/Django
- Design and implement of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Test what you write, contribute to how it runs, is deployed, and scaled with Infrastructure team
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Work collaboratively with the design team to understand end user requirements to provide technical solutions and for the implementation of new software feature
- Demonstrable experience as a Python Developer for a product/SaaS organization
- Proficiency designing & developing Web Services (REST)
- Demonstrable exposure to the the tech stack of, Postgres, Docker, RDS, Pytest, Kubernetes
- Hands on experience with Django
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as React, Vue, Angular, etc.
- Familiarity with Architecture patterns
Codility Tech Stack:
- Frontend: ES2018, React, Redux, styled-components, Jest,
- Backend: Python 3.8, Django, Golang
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redshift, DynamoDB
- Continuous Deployment/Tools: Gitlab/GitlabCI, PyCharm, Goland
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes (EKS), Istio, Prometheus stack, AWS, Chef.
What we offer:
Codility believe in a “people first” culture, reflected in our core benefits package:
- Macbook and all the tech gadgets to get you up and running because….
- You’ll be 100 % remote, so having top of the range tech is a high priority
- Generous PTO/Holiday allowance
- Highly Desirable Remuneration
- Personal Development opportunities with experts in an international team.
- Culture of Trust & Empowerment
- Working in an agile, cross-functional team, iterating quickly during the product development cycle
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.