The Codility Mission
The world needs more problem-solving capacity, so at Codility we’re redefining how some of the most influential software engineering teams in the world are built. Using our platform, candidates are evaluated on an even playing field based on the technical skills that matter so companies can make better hiring decisions without wasting engineering time.
Over 10 years we’ve helped thousands of engineering leaders build high-performing, diverse teams, and evaluated the problem-solving skills of over 12 million job candidates. 2020 drove our customers online putting our platform at the forefront of remote-first hiring, helping companies like Microsoft, Tesla and Slack evolve their approach. We are driving a shift in how world class engineering teams are formed and have a bold vision for the future of tech hiring.
As a result of our continued success, we’re growing and expanding our own Engineering and sales teams, which increases the headcount in our Talent Team.
As a result of our continued success, we’re growing and expanding our very own Software Engineering Team.
We have an exciting role in the capacity of a Mid-Level or Senior Backend Engineer in our Content Delivery Team who are responsible for enabling development of new technical exercises as well as supporting and maintaining the highest quality of existing systems which are accountable for displaying and assessing candidate tests.
The goal of our Content Delivery Team is to enable new technical possibilities for our authors to create and deliver new and exciting content, whilst maintaining and extending existing systems.
Location: Poland, Germany, UK - please note at the current time we're unable to issue any sponsorship.
What you’ll do with us
- Developing reusable, testable, and efficient code using Python/Django
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Testing what you write and contributing to how it runs, is deployed, and scaled in collaboration Infrastructure team
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Collaboration with the Research and Design Teams in order to understand end user requirements for the implementation of new software features
You’re a great fit for this role if:
- You have demonstrable experience as a Python Developer for a product/SaaS organization
- We expect the person that will join our team to be proficient in Python and to be a fast learner with good knowledge of Docker, REST web services etc.
- Proficiency in designing & developing Web Services (REST)
- Demonstrable exposure to the the tech stack of: PostgreSQL, Docker, RDS, PyTtest, Kubernetes
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as React, Vue, Angular, etc.
- Familiarity with Architecture patterns
Codility Tech Stack:
- Frontend: ES2018, React, Redux, styled-components, Jest
- Backend: Python 3.8, Django, Golang
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redshift, DynamoDB
- Continuous Deployment/Tools: Gitlab/GitlabCI, PyCharm, Goland
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes (EKS), Istio, Prometheus stack, AWS, Chef
Benefits @ Codility
We believe in a humanity first culture, reflected in our core benefits package:
- Remote first culture with hubs in San Francisco, London, Warsaw, and Berlin; you choose where you want to work be it 100% from home or in an office
- 27 days of PTO globally with generous Holiday allowance and four additional mental health days designated for mental wellbeing
- Highly Desirable Remuneration
- Employee incentive stock options
- Personal Development opportunities with experts in an international team.
- Culture of Trust & Empowerment
- Working in an agile, cross-functional team, iterating quickly during the product development cycle
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.