The world needs more problem-solving capacity, so at Codility we’re redefining how some of the most influential software engineering teams in the world are built. Using our platform, candidates are evaluated on an even playing field based on the technical skills that matter so companies can make better hiring decisions without wasting engineering time.
Over 10 years we’ve helped thousands of engineering leaders build high-performing, diverse teams, and evaluated the problem-solving skills of over 12 million job candidates. 2020 drove our customers online putting our platform at the forefront of remote-first hiring, helping companies like Microsoft, Tesla and Slack evolve their approach. We are driving a shift in how world class engineering teams are formed and have a bold vision for the future of tech hiring.
As a result of our continued success, we’re growing and expanding our own Software engineering team.
We have an exciting role as a Senior Backend Engineer to join our interview team, the work you will be focussing on is crucial to our CodeLive platform - which encompasses a live pair programming environment with web-based IDE, video calls, whiteboard drawing and other collaborative features.
The goal of this team is to allow clients to connect and hire the best candidates remotely in a data-driven and unified way, making it an effective, and an enjoyable experience for our users.
Where your expertise is needed:
The objective of your role will be to ensure that our CodeLive platform is ready for large scale usage whilst ensuring that the realtime pair programming experience is flawless.
CodeLive is a high traffic, high availability platform that is used by some of the biggest, innovative tech organisations globally and we need to make sure that its exceptional capabilities are projected to our clients, and their hiring needs, and that the value of the Codility platform is seen as a true partnership.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and build new services with Python in the Django framework
- Test what you write, contribute to how it runs, is deployed, and scaled with Infrastructure team
- Be curious about our product and know it
- Help us in balancing the time-quality-feature, break features into smaller pieces
- Contribute to Codility Engineering - how we build, develop, and release our software
- Help less experienced engineers to grow and develop
- Work close with frontend developers
- Eagerness to optimize the platform in order to have a positive impact on our clients
- Exceptional coding ability with Python and Django
- Proficiency in designing and developing with real time applications at production scale, ideally with Python
- "You build it, you run it" approach: experience managing services end-to-end, from developing to deploying to monitoring
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with business stakeholders, product managers, and engineering peers.
- Proven experience in leading complex backend development projects
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Redis
- The ability to mentor, and come to the table with new ideas
- Problem solving across the board not only on code
- (Nice to have) Basic understanding of front-end technologies
- Frontend: ES2018, React, Redux, styled-components, Jest,
- Backend: Python 3.8, Django, Golang
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redis, NoSQL Redshift, DynamoDB
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes (EKS), Istio, Prometheus stack, AWS, Chef, Gitlab/GitlabCI
What we offer:
Codility believe in a “people first” culture, reflected in our core benefits package:
- Macbook and all the tech gadgets to get you up and running because….
- You’ll be 100 % remote, so having top of the range tech is a high priority
- Generous PTO/Holiday allowance
- Highly Desirable Remuneration
- Personal Development opportunities with experts in an international team.
- Culture of Trust & Empowerment
- Working in an agile, cross-functional team, iterating quickly during the product development cycle
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.