What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for small and medium sized businesses, the backbone of our global economy.
We do that by working with fintech companies and financial institutions to help them connect into the systems their small business customers use. With this connectivity, our clients are building next generation products to take the friction out of running a small business, from business management software to alternative lending and corporate cards.
Codat is a Series C-funded company, backed by some of the leading investors and most successful tech companies in the world, including J.P. Morgan, Shopify, Plaid, PayPal Ventures, Amex Ventures, Index Ventures and Tiger Global. We have offices in London, New York and Sydney.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, and bringing a focus and urgency to our work that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
As a fast-growing technology company, it is critical to our long-term success that we continue to rapidly iterate and expand the functionality we make available to our clients through the software we build.
Your goal is to lead Codat’s delivery team, and enable them to maximise the output, efficiency, and impact of our technology team. You will be given agency across the business to achieve this goal. Working closely with the heads of engineering and product you will improve process, co-ordinate product delivery and drive throughput.
- Take ownership of the software delivery lifecycle process, ensuring efficiency from ideation through to announcing new functionality to clients
- Act as a champion for product delivery across the company, driving an agile, iterative approach to delivering features and products, and advising and guiding engineering teams on best practices
- Co-ordinate delivery projects that require input from multiple engineering teams or business functions
- Participate in engineering team processes as a stakeholder for urgency
- Identify and report on key delivery metrics at a regular cadence
- Work to pre-empt blockers to on-time delivery and enable relevant teams to remove them
- Ensure internal and external stakeholders have clear visibility of timelines for software delivery
- Line-manage, support and grow our team of Delivery Managers
No matter what we’re doing – whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other – we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united and we have each other’s backs – when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. Transparency in our interactions is critical to drive towards our goals as a team.
We openly share all information with all colleagues by default, unless we have a very good reason not to. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action – we make informed decisions and then we act. We inspect and question the status quo with curiosity, unafraid to ask the hard questions. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Experience working across multiple agile software teams and groups and with different agile methodologies
- Previous senior leadership experience, working closely with other members of senior management
- Passion for the success of your team and looking after their learning, mentoring and achieving their goals
- Evidence of implementing effective and measurable process change across an organisation
- Experience working at a fast-growing company, either a start-up or VC funded scale-up
- Experience working in cloud-native and API-driven tech environments.
£125,000 - £134,000 per year
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you.