What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for small and medium sized businesses, the backbone of our global economy.
We do that by working with fintech companies and financial institutions to help them connect into the systems their small business customers use. With this connectivity, our clients are building next generation products to take the friction out of running a small business, from business management software to alternative lending and corporate cards.
Codat is a Series C-funded company, backed by some of the leading investors and most successful tech companies in the world, including J.P. Morgan, Shopify, Plaid, PayPal Ventures, Amex Ventures, Index Ventures and Tiger Global. We have offices in London, New York and Sydney.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, and bringing a focus and urgency to our work that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
Codat is looking for a Head of Global Product Marketing.
This is a pivotal role that sits at the intersection between product, commercial teams and the market. You will lead our product marketing function and help to define our value proposition, craft compelling messaging and develop effective go to market strategies to acquire and retain some of the world’s leading SAAS & financial institutions.
- Partner with the Product and Engineering leadership on the product vision and rollout, ensuring the voice of the customer is present in all decisions made
- Partner with commercial leadership to drive product adoption and revenue growth for our product solutions in mature markets (US, UK) and new expanding markets (APAC, Continental Europe)
- Maintain a feedback loop with sales and customers to share feedback to product teams for new and existing commerce content products
- Own the product training program, ensuring all commercial and internal teams are experts when speaking about our products and features
- Ensure the commercial teams are equipped with all the relevant product material, including decks, one pagers, videos, case studies, testimonials
- Lead the Product Marketing team and develop structure and frameworks for them to be highly impactful in their roles
- Hire and manage two additional world class product marketers
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, sales, design, comms, and engineering—to develop go-to-market strategy and drive launches for our products
- Partner with the Product and Demand / Growth Marketing teams to track the right metrics and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis
No matter what we’re doing – whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other – we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united and we have each other’s backs – when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. Transparency in our interactions is critical to drive towards our goals as a team. We openly share all information with all colleagues by default, unless we have a very good reason not to.We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action – we make informed decisions and then we act. We inspect and question the status quo with curiosity, unafraid to ask the hard questions. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- 6+ years of Product Marketing experience or equivalent at a B2B fintech / API / technology company
- Proven experience defining and delivering winning product value propositions in hyper growth markets
- Proven PMM experience with the ability to partner with and influence product development teams
- A passion for being customer-centric and serving as the voice of the customer
- Organised and independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility
- Strong leadership skills, ability to perform under pressure and optimise the team’s resources to attain business goals
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you.