What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for small and medium sized businesses, the backbone of our global economy.
We do that by working with fintech companies and financial institutions to help them connect into the systems their small business customers use. With this connectivity, our clients are building next generation products to take the friction out of running a small business, from business management software to alternative lending and corporate cards.
Codat is a Series C-funded company, backed by some of the leading investors and most successful tech companies in the world, including J.P. Morgan, Shopify, Plaid, PayPal Ventures, Amex Ventures, Index Ventures and Tiger Global. We have offices in London, New York, Sydney.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, and bringing a focus and urgency to our work that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
Codat’s Support Engineers provide first class support to our growing list of global clients. Our Support engineers should share Codat’s passion for delivering an excellent product to our clients, and effectively helping them with any issues they have.
You’ll be responsible for handling technical questions and requests for assistance via our support ticketing system. You’ll be working closely with our Solutions and Commercial teams to ensure clients have the best possible experience when using Codat’s technology.
We use technologies including Azure WebApps, WebJobs/Service Bus, Table Storage & SQLto run our product which is built in C# (.NET Core & Framework), ASP.NET and ReactJS. Any previous experience with these technologies would be an advantage, but it’s not a requirement for anyone who is happy to do some on-the-job, self-driven learning.
- Respond to client’s technical support requests and feature related questions, while ensuring a seamless handover between UK and US support
- Assist technical and non-technical clients with using Codat’s technology
- Work closely with other members of the support team to lead investigations into complicated, technical issues and create clear, reproducible test cases for engineers to resolve
- Become a subject matter expert in Codat’s technology
- Collaborate and coordinate with other Codat teams, across Solutions, Client success, Production and Engineering, to ensure we’re delivering the best product and services to our clients
- Build and maintain scripts and other tooling to help the support process
- Create and improve documentation and process to minimize repeating support issues
No matter what we’re doing – whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other – we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united and we have each other’s backs – when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. Transparency in our interactions is critical to drive towards our goals as a team. We openly share all information with all colleagues by default, unless we have a very good reason not to.We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action – we make informed decisions and then we act. We inspect and question the status quo with curiosity, unafraid to ask the hard questions. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Strong written and verbal communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills, with a focus on identifying issues and mistakes and quickly finding ways to rectify them
- Client focused, with the needs and demands of our clients a primary motivation
- Self-motivated to work remotely and learn about new technologies and business sectors
- Excellent time management and organization skills to manage multiple client requests
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a client facing position, preferably in a technical support role
- Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) and/or programming experience
- Technical experience in accounting, lending, payment or commerce sectors is beneficial
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you