What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for small and medium sized businesses, the backbone of our global economy.
We do that by working with fintech companies and financial institutions to help them connect into the systems their small business customers use. With this connectivity, our clients are building next generation products to take the friction out of running a small business, from business management software to alternative lending and corporate cards.
Codat is a Series C-funded company, backed by some of the leading investors and most successful tech companies in the world, including J.P. Morgan, Shopify, Plaid, PayPal Ventures, Amex Ventures, Index Ventures and Tiger Global. We have offices in London, New York, Sydney.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, and bringing a focus and urgency to our work that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
The Business Development Representative will help fuel Codat’s sales function by sourcing, qualifying and engaging with new and existing prospects at the top of the sales funnel.
You will need to hit the ground running, being able to quickly assess and understand a prospect’s needs and pain points, while articulately and succinctly applying Codat’s value proposition. You will be out meeting prospects, attending events and networking to heavily contribute towards the pipeline within a dynamic and high performing sales team.
This is imperative to the scalability of the business and more often than not you’ll be the first point of contact a prospect has with Codat. This role has a direct route to enterprise sales in 18 – 24 months.
- Work within a high performing commercial team nurturing, educating and developing prospects before handing over to the wider commercial team
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas
- Work closely with marketing, strategy and product to identify new opportunities and formulate and execute an outbound sales strategy increasing qualified and engaged opportunities for the wider commercial team
- Regularly attend events to source, qualify and engage new and existing opportunities
- Take ownership in improving and creating various sales-related processes
- Track all engagements in the CRM system effectively
- Constantly improve your knowledge of Codat’s evolving product and value proposition
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Fast learner - Codat’s solution is complex, we’re looking for someone who can quickly get a grasp of our product and our value proposition
- Excellent communication skills, being able to succinctly and articulately describe Codat’s value proposition in a couple of sentences that resonates with specific stakeholders from various industries will be key to succeeding in this role
- Tenacity to over achieve, we’re looking for someone who wants to outperform their target on a regular basis and is prepared to put in the hard work to do so
- A clear ambition to progress upwards through various sales roles within the team
- Experience working within a sales function
- Experience working within Codat’s key industries such as lending, payments or e-commerce
- Team players
$60,000 - $85,000 / year
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you