Coda started with an observation: In a world full of applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over 50 years? Coda is a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word! We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle, and remote employees all over the US. In fact, all our jobs are open in any location across the US. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
About the Role
Coda's pricing model is unique in the industry. Instead of having to pay for every user, you only pay for what we call Doc Makers. You can think of the Doc Maker as someone who's in charge of building powerful docs for others to use. Coda also offers various plans users can choose from (Free, Pro, Team, Enterprise), each catered to a different type of team and their needs. How we establish and scale these models help define the product, business, and user growth. You will report to the Design Lead at Business Platform.
In this role you will:
As part of the Monetization team in Business Platform, you will be at the center of growing Coda's business and designing creative ways to solve for the following problems.
- Who are the types of users currently using or considering Coda, and what can best inform their purchase decisions
- What are the types of features users need, and how can we design effective sticks and carrots to motivate upgrades
- How can we encourage spread of Makers in a team
- How can we design a checkout experience that is frictionless and familiar across the product
- How can we design robust internals tools to simplify business levers and scale sales motion for our go-to-market teams
You may be a great fit for this role if:
- You have work that radiates craftsmanship, from visual to product design
- You're eager to talk to customers and learn about their needs, frustrations, and goals
- You have experience starting and leading your projects
- You go deep into different facets of design and enjoy validating ideas through A/B testing. You use data to inform your decisions and next set of iterations.
- You can explain your designs, process, and tradeoffs to people across the company.
- You excel in ambiguous product spaces and are eager to ship quickly and iterate quickly
- You're eager to help other designers grow and invest in the design team culture
- You have at least 5 years of experience working as a Product Designer at tech company
Learn more about the design team at coda at coda.io/design
How we care for our Codans!
Starting on your first day of employment, Coda offers a wide range of benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Optional Remote or in-office work
- Commuter Benefits
- Cell & Internet Subsidy
- Lunch Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Parental Leave
- Annual Educational Stipend
At Coda, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Coda believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.