Coda started with an observation: In a world full of applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over 50 years? Coda is a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word! We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle, and remote employees all over the US. In fact, all our jobs are open in any location across the US. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
About the Role
Coda is looking for an experienced security engineer who is passionate about protecting customer data, designing & developing security features, setting company wide policies, driving our Secure Development Lifecycle initiatives, and helping make your fellow employees successful. If you are passionate about Security and excited to work on all parts of Security including building security features, finding security vulnerabilities and creating scalable processes, we'd love to hear from you!
In this role you will:
- Design, develop, and support security features
- Drive Secure Development Lifecycle initiatives like establishing best-practice security policies across the company, threat model reviews & security-focused code reviews
- Manage our public bug bounty and third party pen-test programs.
- Develop and maintain detailed and accurate documentation
You may be a great fit for this role if:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a technical focused discipline such as computer science, engineering or math
- 2+ years experience in web application security
- Knowledge of web-based security protocols & frameworks
- Knowledge of network security, authentication, and cryptography
- Knowledge of AWS infrastructure with a particular focus on security (IAM, Role-based security, etc)
How we care for our Codans!
Starting on your first day of employment, Coda offers a wide range of benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Optional Remote or in-office work
- Commuter Benefits
- Cell & Internet Subsidy
- Lunch Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Parental Leave
- Annual Educational Stipend
At Coda, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Coda believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.