Coda started with an observation: In a world full of applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over 50 years? Coda is a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word! We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle, and remote employees all over the US. In fact, all our jobs are open in any location across the US. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
About the Role:
Coda just completed a Series D round of $100MM and is now valued at $1.4 billion. Come be the second lawyer at a unicorn. You will focus on commercial, corporate, and product-related matters. You will realistically be a generalist and involved in all legal affairs at Coda, given the size of the team. Reports directly to our Head of Legal.
In this role you will:
- Partner with the business on customer contracts, enterprise negotiations, and vendor/partnership negotiations.
- Counsel our product team from product ideation and development to ultimate launch and operation.
- Partner with our InfoSec team on all compliance matters, including handling data security and privacy regulations such as GDPR, CCPA and others.
- Help with IP matters, including patents and trademarks.
- Partner with our People and Operations team on employment and hiring matters.
You may be a great fit if:
- You have have 5 years of experience handling a broad spectrum of legal issues at a major law firm or a similar in-house environment.
- You have SaaS Expertise: familiarity with the types of legal work and challenges of a high-growth SaaS company.
- You are a creative problem solver: someone who is open to deep ideation and exploration of sometimes creative and non-traditional solutions.
- You are a continuous & resourceful Learner: When facing a new challenge, you find ways to supplement your learning and come to a successful result.
- You are operationally efficient: someone who prioritizes organization and systems. You will learn how to use Coda to improve your workflows and then promote these docs and use cases to the broader legal community.
- You are scrappy: comfortable being a part of a 2-person team until the team needs to grow.
How we care for our Codans!
Coda offers many benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Optional Remote or in-office work
- Commuter Benefits
- Cell & Internet Subsidy
- Lunch Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Parental Leave
- Annual Educational Stipend
Coda is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. Coda does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by applicable law. Coda believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and Coda seeks to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.