Coda started with an observation: In a world full of applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over 50 years? Coda is a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word! We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle, and remote employees all over the US. In fact, all our jobs are open in any location across the US. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
About the Role:
Coda is looking for a senior data scientist who will help us maximize the impact data has at Coda.
The Data Team at Coda drives product and user insights and helping shape the future of our product. We focus on data-driven analytics that strengthen our understanding of how things work, helping us understand how to interpret data, and creating data products and methods that enable teams to better work with our data. You will report to our Head of Data Science.
In this role you will:
- Work with large-scale data to build, productionalize, and launch machine learning models. Some example are:
- Develop scores throughout a user's lifetime to predict and improve their engagement
- Create a method to identify the right time and method to engage with users
- Classifying our corpus of docs to better understand their behavior and lifecycles
- Work closely with engineering to develop and refine requirements for developing machine learning models
- Framing business problems in data, and performing analyses to provide deep insights that help guide the vision of Coda
- Identify areas to improve our data quality and gaps in our understanding of core product behavior
- Design and implement experimentation that deepen understanding of the user experience
- Discover current trends in our product and user base through designing operational metrics or building out descriptive models
- Communicate deep data insights to business partners, executives, investors, and our board of directors
- Develop new data products and methods to streamline efficiency of analyses
You may be a good fit if:
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field or 5+ years of professional experience
- Proficient in SQL and an analytical programming language (Python preferred) and a ML/DL framework (for example, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras)
- Experience with production ML models and system — able to guide cross-functional teams from concept to production for a machine learning product.
- Ability to translate data talk to cross-functional partners of all levels
- Curious about finding relationships within data
- Experienced with telling compelling stories from complex data relationships
How we care for our Codans!
Starting on your first day of employment, Coda offers a wide range of benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Optional Remote or in-office work
- Commuter Benefits
- Cell & Internet Subsidy
- Lunch Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Parental Leave
- Annual Educational Stipend
At Coda, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Coda believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.