Coda started with an observation: In a world full of applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over 50 years? Coda is a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word! We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle, and remote employees all over the US. In fact, all our jobs are open in any location across the US. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
About the Role
Codans are playful, inquisitive, supportive, creative, growth-minded, and downright amazing people. We are looking for an equally wonderful HR Business Partner to help support this incredible team through hyper-growth— allowing all of us to reach new levels of success and fulfillment. Coda just raised Series D of $100MM and is doubling the team over the next year. It's going to be a wild ride of positive change and are excited to bring on a Business Partner to navigate this growth keeping Codans at the forefront.
As an HRBP at Coda, your goal will be to make sure your client groups are as successful as possible while keeping Codans engaged and feeling supported. You will partner with all levels of the client groups on anything and everything they're working on - embedded in the business and team. You'll also lead them through people-related programs such as career development, management coaching, org design, team off-sites, retention strategies, performance management, and more all with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens. You'll lead strategy at the highest levels but will undoubtedly need to get into in the weeds as well. You will report directly to our Head of HR.
In this role you will:
- Partner with our Executive Staff, your client groups, and the broader People Team to make sure Codans are as successful, fulfilled, and engaged as possible.
- Develop a People strategy that directly supports and enables the business' goals.
- Coach leaders at all levels within the organization, from individual contributors to senior leaders.
- Use data-driven (and otherwise!) insights to promote positive change and new programs across the company.
- Implement and refine HR processes.
- Build trust among Codans. Resolve their concerns through compassion, clear documentation, and timeliness.
- Partner with business leaders to implement the most effective organizational structures, with an eye for longer-term growth.
- Shape strategies to attract, develop, engage, and retain, diverse talent.
You may be a great fit for this role if:
- You have 4+ years of relevant HRBP experience, ideally some at a fast-growing startup
- You have experience in state and local law, compliance, and operating without the assistance of a PEO
- You can occasionally travel to our Bay Area and Bellevue offices
How we care for our Codans!
Starting on your first day of employment, Coda offers a wide range of benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Optional Remote or in-office work
- Commuter Benefits
- Cell & Internet Subsidy
- Lunch Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Parental Leave
- Annual Educational Stipend
At Coda, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Coda believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.