Coda started with an observation: In a world full of applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over 50 years? Coda is a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word! We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle, and remote employees all over the US. In fact, all our jobs are open in any location across the US. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
About the Role
As a performance engineer at Coda, you will improve the user perceived performance of our product, in particular load performance, calculation performance, and UI responsiveness. You'll work with a stellar team of passionate, experienced engineers and product managers who have been instrumental in building some of the most widely-used technology products globally - including YouTube, Google Drive/Docs, Google Travel/Shopping, Amazon AWS, Pinterest, and Microsoft Azure. You will report to one of three managers on our small, close-knit teams.
We use React, TypeScript, Python and Node with our server infrastructure running on Kubernetes in Amazon AWS. We believe in using the best tool for the job and don't shy away from solving complex problems!
In this role you will:
- Work with the product and other engineering teams to improve the performance of Coda across our frontend, backend and infrastructure
- Work in a collaborative environment across multiple geo-located offices (Seattle, San Francisco, and Mountain View). Like many of our engineers, you can also work remotely
- Help ensure our customers have an excellent experience using Coda
- Participate in the engineering teams' on-call rotations for customer support and live production issues
You may be a great fit for this role if:
- You have 2+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role and have a software engineering degree or equivalent experience
- You have experience in profiling and performance optimization and a passion for scalability, algorithms, and data-driven decisions
- You are motivated and excel when challenged
How we care for our Codans!
Starting on your first day of employment, Coda offers a wide range of benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Optional Remote or in-office work
- Commuter Benefits
- Cell & Internet Subsidy
- Lunch Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Parental Leave
- Annual Educational Stipend
At Coda, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Coda believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.