Coda started with an observation: In a world full of applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over 50 years? Coda is a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word! We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle, and remote employees all over the US. In fact, all our jobs are open in any location across the US. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
About the Role
Coda just raised Series D of $100MM and is close to doubling the team over the next year. It's going to be a wild ride of positive change and we're looking for someone who is creative and passionate to help us scale our highly engaged team in a hybrid model. You'll guide some of the highest priority, most impactful projects we'll handle over the next few years as move forward as a hybrid team. You'll partner with our executives and People Team to ensure we implement the right changes to our cultural norms, facilities, communication flows, events, and more. It's a totally new path to pave, and we're excited to bring in someone to lead the way for us at Coda!
To give you an idea of where we're at today, we have offices in three locations - Bellevue, Mountain View, and San Francisco - and Codans in 20+ states and 3+ countries (more likely being added as you read this!) and want to expand our footprint across new locations while maintaining a collaborative, amazingly productive, flexible, team. And in case you were wondering, we'll make sure you not only have support of execs and enthusiastic Codans, you'll also have a healthy budget to bring this all to fruition! You will report into our Head of People and Operations.
In this role you will:
- Establish the brand for our office and remote work culture, with care for our Codan values
- Lead all internal communication and special projects around our facilities and our hybrid environment
- Guide the strategy and planning around real estate investments, office openings, and ongoing maintenance
- Oversee the full operation of our offices including facilities, equipment, maintenance, vendors, and inventory.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers, and office leases
- Evaluate and gather feedback around our offices and hybrid culture on an ongoing basis to make updates and improvements.
You may be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Experience with managed large-scale projects
- Previously helped shape culture, process, and communication
- Facilities experience is a big plus
- 4+ years of experience
How we care for our Codans!
Starting on your first day of employment, Coda offers a wide range of benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Optional Remote or in-office work
- Commuter Benefits
- Cell & Internet Subsidy
- Lunch Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Parental Leave
- Annual Educational Stipend
At Coda, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Coda believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.