Coda started with an observation: In a world full of applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over 50 years? Coda is a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word! We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle, and remote employees all over the US. In fact, all our jobs are open in any location across the US. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
About the Role
As a leader in our finance organization, you’ll play a critical role in helping Coda scale. You’ll help build a rock-solid accounting team and navigate our approach in a variety of areas. This includes thinking through Coda’s unique maker billing business model, our innovative approaches to employee stock compensation and refine the policies we use to measure business performance over time.
In this role you will:
- Lead and support all accounting activities to ensure optimization of procedures in place to produce accurate financial information for management and external reporting purposes, compliance with U.S. GAAP, SOX Controls and external audits
- Oversee the monthly close process, including maintenance of the general ledger by reviewing journal entries, reconciliations and variance analysis
- Lead annual financial audits and quarterly reviews, build auditor relationships, and partner internally to support operational and compliance programs
- Manage Accounting projects as we scale, in particular the implementation of an ERP
- Implement internal controls and safeguards over company assets, receipt of revenue, payments of authorized expenses, compliance with contractual obligations, and compliance with company policies
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to accelerate close timelines; observing evolving regulations, legal and governmental requirements and industry trends that may affect the company
You may be a great fit for this role if:
- BA/ BS in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 10+ years of progressive accounting management experience, including experience at both a major public accounting firm (Big 4 preferred) and one or more technology companies
- 5+ years of managing and leading an accounting team
- You have industry experience in consumer internet, software/SAAS, FinTech, or related technology fields
- You have experience covering monthly, quarterly, and annual close, as well as both internal and external audits
- You have experience with integrated systems including payroll, purchasing, payables management, Billing/Accounts Receivable, and ERPs
- You have experience of the full cycle of AP, AR, and Payroll functions, business processes and all areas of accounting
- You have experience with GAAP and technical accounting, as well as stock-based compensation
- You have CPA active certification
- You have experience with SEC reporting and SOX compliance
- You have experience taking private company through IPO or acquisition into a public company
How we care for our Codans!
Starting on your first day of employment, Coda offers a wide range of benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Optional Remote or in-office work
- Commuter Benefits
- Cell & Internet Subsidy
- Lunch Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Parental Leave
- Annual Educational Stipend
At Coda, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Coda believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.