Coda is a rapidly growing startup building a platform that enables people to build docs as powerful as an app. We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
Coda is looking for our first lifecycle marketer to oversee our user journey and develop the programs for how we guide users through our product. The ideal candidate will use a combination of data, testing, and a high degree of customer empathy to drive activation, engagement, conversion, and expansion. Since Coda is used across a diverse set of customers and use cases with many potential points to drive engagement, this is a unique role for an analytically-inclined customer marketer to be both creative and drive measurable results.
Coda reimagines documents, spreadsheets, and how “applications” are developed. While documents and spreadsheets have remained relatively unchanged for the last 40 years, their paradigms still dominate how businesses and people operate. We're taking a fresh approach at what these fundamental surfaces are ー empowering anyone to start with something as simple as a document that can easily evolve into a powerful, connected application. We’ve seen customers make docs to plan product launches, manage marketing campaigns, coordinate country-wide remote education opportunities, and to run their business full stack (to name a few).
As the founding member of Coda’s Lifecycle Marketing team, your fingerprints will be all over the process, culture, and company we build in the years to come.
- Drive engagement, retention, conversion, expansion, and resurrection across our customer base by crafting personalized campaigns and in-app experiences
- Develop lifecycle marketing campaigns across email and in-app messaging channels. You’ll help drive the adoption or build-out of advanced customer engagement tooling
- Explore, test, validate, and refine potential new engagement and growth channels
- Work with product teams to craft and launch experiences to onboard and activate users to new product features
- Deeply understand, research, and segment our users to deliver customized experiences to the right audience. You’ll understand the data driving our customer actions and A/B test your way to better experiences
- Maintain a rigorous and organized view of the experiences and communications we are delivering across our key customer segments
- Experienced across all aspects of the customer journey - retention, engagement, conversion, and everything in between. You're interested & invested in how customers move through and experience a product - and how you can help get them there
- Analytically-driven and rooted in high Emotional Intelligence. Experienced with SQL - you don’t need to be a Data Scientist, but you need to be self-sufficient. You're obsessed with A/B testing, iteration, and finding insight, and love scaling your findings to adjacent areas
- Aware of how brand assets and creative efforts are perceived, and hold your customer-facing work to a high standard of quality. You can design and create professional-looking communications independently
- Eager to roll up your sleeves with a fast-growing startup and can plan ahead to let your efforts scale down the line. Experienced with the latest marketing and engagement tools and excited about the opportunity to add new ones to our tech stack
- Proven collaborator with strong ability to communicate and drive process with a wide range of stakeholders