Coda is a rapidly growing startup building a platform that empowers people to build docs as powerful as apps.
We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, Seattle, as well as remotely!
About the role:
Since our early days as a company, we've been inspired by the culture and execution of support teams at companies like Zapier and Intercom. We're looking for talented Coda makers with strong user empathy to join our Product Support team as we build it from scratch. You'll be on the ground floor of a talented team and have the opportunity to influence our culture for years to come. We are hiring into any one of our locations, or even remotely!
The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for data-oriented products and is an avid user of tools like Coda, AirTable, Notion, Excel, or Google Sheets. They will need to be able to get inside the mind of a diverse set of Coda users ー both consumer and enterprise ー and be comfortable building against and solving problems for many scenarios. The ideal candidate should be able to assist users at multiple altitudes ー from specific formula fixes in a table to general team process and workflow suggestions depending on the customer's needs. You should be a great listener, an astute observer of user behavior, and able to spot patterns quickly and synthesize them to the rest of the company. We're looking for candidates who can be great "coaches" for our users, able to distinguish when it's best to teach someone a new concept, vs unblock them and solve their immediate problem.
- Support our users to facilitate and unblock the creation of great docs, debugging technical issues, and guiding them towards the right learning material
- Communicate between the customer and the Product team ー being a customer voice in decision meetings
- Ability to debug issues and and escalate when needed - both for issues and patterns of issues
- Analyze trends and look for ways to improve the product and learnings to minimize reactive support
- Familiarity with customer service tools such as Zendesk, HelpScout, or Freshdesk