Coda started with an observation: In a world full of applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over 50 years? Coda is a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word! We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle, and remote employees all over the US. In fact, all our jobs are open in any location across the US. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
About the Role
As a Data Engineer at Coda, you'll be part of a fast-growing startup, and will build data pipelines, warehousing infrastructure, user profile service, experimental infrastructure, and otherwise promote our analytical capabilities. Your work will unlock insights helping our team execute with speed and quality. Your systems, like the user profile service, allow us to tailor the product experience based on our customers' needs and behaviors. With your background in data processing, warehousing and ML you'll partner with our existing Data Science team to evolve the data processing and experimentation platform that inspires our business direction. If you are data curious, excited about designing data systems and tools that have tangible impacts on our business and product, we'd love to hear from you! You will report to our Growth Engineering Manager.
In this role you will:
- Build and migrate ETL pipelines from different sources (S3, Relational Databases) to Snowflake with Apache Airflow
- Optimize the performance of business-critical queries and deal with ETL job-related issues including tuning application and query performance
- Gather and understand internal data requirements, working in the team to achieve high-quality data ingestion and build systems that can process the data and transform the data, providing ad-hoc access to large data-sets
- Develop our experimentation infrastructure used for A/B testing
- Support and develop our user profile service
You may be a great fit for this role if:
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a technical focused discipline such as computer science, engineering or math
- You have experience building/operating available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large datasets
- You have 3+ years of experience with data warehousing systems such as Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, and SQL Server
- You have experience configuring and deploying into AWS (or other public clouds)
- You have experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
How we care for our Codans!
Starting on your first day of employment, Coda offers a wide range of benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Optional Remote or in-office work
- Commuter Benefits
- Cell & Internet Subsidy
- Lunch Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Parental Leave
- Annual Educational Stipend
At Coda, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Coda believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.