🚀 Build the future of employee leave
We're tackling the complex world of employee leave. Today, it's fascinating and baffling how complicated the process is: going on leave (be it parental, medical, bereavement, or for any other reason) means talking to reps and wading through a mountain of government and insurance claims just to get your time off and income in moments when you're the most stressed and busy. We talked to hundreds of employees and employers who had nightmare stories to tell, and wondered to ourselves why nobody had solved this yet.
Our mission is to take the work out of leave — removing all of the friction that exists today for both employees and employers — and be the #1 advocate for folks going through the process. It's a really exciting space, and we're moving incredibly fast on both product and user momentum.
Excited about taking the most frustrating insurance, banking, and finance processes out there and making them surprisingly delightful? We'd love to work with you.
💪🏽 What will you do?
We're a small but mighty team looking to build out the rest of our early team.
As our first Infrastructure Engineer, you'll help to improve and drive the direction of our engineering infrastructure and security. You'll help drive improvements in our AWS cloud stack, build and scale engineering systems and contribute to the overall engineering culture at Cocoon, help to deliver a strong security and integrity culture, help manage our third-party vendors and think about our overall IT ecosystem.
Most importantly, you'll be building this company with us. There's a lot to figure out. We want to work with folks who care deeply about the process of building the right company: from what operating values we should have, building out the rest of the team, decisions about how we should scale, and everything in between.
⚡️ You'd be a great fit if you…
- Previously worked in a fast-paced engineering environment. Ideally, you have 6+ years of experience working in an infrastructure or security engineering role.
- Can influence and work with leadership and engineering staff to help define standard processes, are autonomous and self-driving.
- Are able to code, build and scale engineering systems and contribute to the overall engineering culture at Cocoon
- Know when to “move fast and break things”, and when to slow down and think through all of the details to build something robust and scalable.
- Are intellectually curious and enjoy digging into the nuts and bolts of how things work.
- Debate without animosity or ego. We thrive on thinking from first principles, questioning assumptions, and always pushing to make things better.
- Care deeply not just about data, but about building the right product and company culture. As a founding team member, you’ll have a huge impact on the company’s story.