🚀 Build the future of employee leave
We're tackling the complex world of employee leave. Today, it's fascinating and baffling how complicated the process is: going on leave (be it parental, medical, bereavement, or for any other reason) means talking to reps and wading through a mountain of government and insurance claims just to get your time off and income in moments when you're the most stressed and busy. We talked to hundreds of employees and employers who had nightmare stories to tell, and wondered to ourselves why nobody had solved this yet.
Our mission is to take the work out of leave — removing all of the friction that exists today for both employees and employers — and be the #1 advocate for folks going through the process. It's a really exciting space, and we're moving incredibly fast on both product and user momentum.
Excited about taking the most frustrating insurance, banking, and finance processes out there and making them surprisingly delightful? We'd love to work with you.
This role is a remote freelance position for up to 40 hours per week with the possibility of becoming full-time/permanent.
💪🏽 What will you do?
As a Brand Designer for Cocoon, you will be shaping the Cocoon brand and setting a consistently high bar. You’ll develop concepts and execute them through delivery for all visual expressions of the Cocoon brand.
You can expect the day-to-day to be along the lines of:
- Developing the foundational brand standards that will govern future deliverables (tone, typography, and color palettes)
- Leading our website redesign to reintroduce Cocoon and where we are in our journey while making it better, more modern, and user-friendly
- Collaborating with illustrators and photographers to produce stunning assets that express Cocoon’s story, mission, and vision
- Maintaining and expanding our brand identity to ensure design consistency on many marketing, event, and business development needs
- Partnering with multiple team members across the organization to produce deliverables like web pages, social media content, ads, event displays, press kits, and swag
- Working with product design leaders to establish a visual through-line from experiencing our brand to experiencing our product
⚡️ You'd be a great fit if you are:
- Experienced: You have at least 2 years of design experience with a portfolio that demonstrates strong conceptual thinking with meticulous design execution. Your skill set should be a potent mix of visual design, digital design, print design, identity design, and excellent fundamentals in typography, color, shape, and layout.
- Craft obsessed: You place a high value on creating high-quality work, and can clearly articulate the rationale for your decision-making.
- Innovative: Employee leave has been done a certain way for decades, and we're here to turn that on its head. We are not just simplifying the leave experience of today – we’re looking to create entirely new ways to address the long-standing problems in this space.
- Highly collaborative: We're a small but mighty team, working with autonomy but as a team. It’s essential that you collaborate cross-functionally to help us build our brand.
- Resourceful: We’re moving extremely quickly, and rely on each other to generate our own leverage. You identify opportunities to increase the quality of the work and accelerate our velocity.
At Cocoon, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) serve as the foundation for a successful team, product, and community. We’re committed to building a company where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and be set up for success. Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce requires ongoing effort and attention. We are committed to cultivating space for feedback and expanding our understanding of DEIB as our community grows.