🚀 Build the future of employee leave
We're tackling the complex world of employee leave. Today, it's fascinating and baffling how complicated the process is: going on leave (be it parental, medical, bereavement, or for any other reason) means talking to reps and wading through a mountain of government and insurance claims just to get your time off and income in moments when you're the most stressed and busy. We talked to hundreds of employees and employers who had nightmare stories to tell, and wondered to ourselves why nobody had solved this yet.
Our mission is to take the work out of leave — removing all of the friction that exists today for both employees and employers — and be the #1 advocate for folks going through the process. It's a really exciting space, and we're moving incredibly fast on both product and user momentum.
Excited about taking the most frustrating insurance, banking, and finance processes out there and making them surprisingly delightful? We'd love to work with you.
💪🏽 What will you do?
As one of the first product managers at Cocoon, you will be building products that will impact the most emotional time of an employee’s experience: when an employee goes on leave. Leave is a complicated experience, from reviewing and understanding whether you’re eligible to go on leave, to figuring out how to apply for claims and understanding where you’ll get paid. You’ll be partnering with customers that are the most innovative companies who believe a great leave experience is a top priority to provide a simple and delightful experience.
You will own a large product scope and ship multiple 0-1 products. you’ll have a hand in shaping what it means to build products at Cocoon, how we collaborate cross functionally and be part of the story of how customers have a stress free leave management experience. We’re focused on building a software-first self-serve product; you’ll have the opportunity to build an opinionated product for how employers compliantly administer leave for employees.
⚡️ You'd be a great fit if you are:
- Comfortable with complexity while also being scrappy: Leave management is inherently a compliance product, this means that you need to be comfortable navigating working with legal counsel and compliance. You’ll build a software product iteratively and stay scrappy You’re comfortable translating legal complexity into simple product requirements on a day-to-day basis and easily translating the requirements into something the engineering, and design team can understand
- Customer obsessed: Leave has been a complicated process for a long time: most solutions out there make it really hard to take leave. You’ll live and breathe the customer ‘s experience. We want to design and build a product that alleviates stress for our users and empowers them to focus on the things in life that matter, whether it’s a new baby or a sick family member.
- Highly collaborative: We're a small but mighty team moving extremely quickly and our superpower is being able to collaborate across teams to ship really well thought out products and experiences for our users. You'll play a large role in defining our product roadmap and designing solutions to some of the hairiest problems in the leave space. From scoping a project to pairing with the right folks to execute, this will require a high degree of collaboration and quick feedback loops.
- Own the product strategy and roadmap for one of Cocoon’s products or services, working closely with stakeholders across the organization
- Build a deep understanding of what customers need to successfully utilize Cocoon products
- Define new products and features by working closely with engineering, design, legal to launch them
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team including customer success, support, operations, sales, and partner with other Product Managers
- Set clear goals and metrics for the team as well as new products and features and be held accountable to achieving them
🎁 Some benefits you can expect as a part of the Cocoon team:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Professional development budget and commuter benefits
- Office setup, wellness, and coffee with colleagues stipends
- 14 weeks of paid parental leave
- 4 weeks of each paid medical and caregiver leave
- 4 weeks of flexible, paid compassionate leave
- Flexible work schedule
- Daily in-office lunches
The salary range for this role is $160,000-210,000 to be determined through our interview process.
At Cocoon, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) serve as the foundation for a successful team, product, and community. We’re committed to building a company where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and be set up for success. Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce requires ongoing effort and attention. We are committed to cultivating space for feedback and expanding our understanding of DEIB as our community grows.