🚀 Build the future of employee leave
We're tackling the complex world of employee leave. Today, it's fascinating and baffling how complicated the process is: going on leave (be it parental, medical, bereavement, or for any other reason) means talking to reps and wading through a mountain of government and insurance claims just to get your time off and income in moments when you're the most stressed and busy. We talked to hundreds of employees and employers who had nightmare stories to tell, and wondered to ourselves why nobody had solved this yet.
Our mission is to take the work out of leave — removing all of the friction that exists today for both employees and employers — and be the #1 advocate for folks going through the process. It's a really exciting space, and we're moving incredibly fast on both product and user momentum.
Excited about taking the most frustrating insurance, banking, and finance processes out there and making them surprisingly delightful? We'd love to work with you.
💪🏽 What will you do?
We're empowering the most innovative employers nationwide, including Carta, Benchling, and Notion. Our revenue team today includes our sales, customer success, marketing, and partnerships teams and is rapidly scaling with strong inbound demand.
As our partnerships lead for the benefits consultant & broker channel, your mission is to exponentially grow Cocoon’s top of funnel by:
- Developing a predictable flow of leads from benefits brokers & consultant partners (e.g. Sequoia, Marsh McLennan, Alliant, Lockton, Newfront, Acrisure, and Willis Towers Watson etc.)
- Mapping out, testing, and proving a lead gen playbook end to end
- Building a wide network of dozens of individual relationships across each firm / regional office as well as developing key influencers into Cocoon advocates within each firm at a regional and/or national level
- Spearheading integrated campaigns to move partners through the lead gen funnel, spanning web, content, events, and email
- Collaborating with Marketing to create assets that are tailored towards empowering our broker & consultant partners to refer clients
- Analyzing and sharing insights from campaigns to iterate on future strategy
- Testing partnership incentives to drive lead gen / introductions to Cocoon, such as preferred pricing programs, revenue shares, and rolling out successful programs to target partners
- Shipping a playbook within 3-6 months of how to unlock lead gen relationships with brokers/consultants
⚡️ You'd be a great fit if you are:
- Experienced in developing and driving lead gen programs at scale - with a deep understanding and ability to execute on the sales motions involved
- Superb verbal & written communicator - Speak and write clearly & concisely, even when communicating complex concepts such as insurance and employment law
- Engaging presenter - Can engage large audiences to educate & persuade
- Relationship builder - Ability to nurture relationships with key influencers as part of winning partnerships
- Playbook builder - Can build a playbook for unlocking a key channel for Cocoon, document it, and hire and coach others on how to do it
- Moves with urgency, focus, and persistence - Able to develop, track, & systematically nurture a high volume of relationships
- Scrappy & highly flexible - Know how to leverage the broader team as well as navigate changing priorities and market conditions to get things done
- Structured thinker / strategizer - Is able to zoom out to understand the market landscape to determine Cocoon’s long-term strategy and bring leaders across the company along with that vision
- A leader: Excited to teach, onboard, mentor, and potentially manage
🎁 Some benefits you can expect as a part of the Cocoon team:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Professional development budget and commuter benefits
- Office setup, wellness, and coffee with colleagues stipends
- 14 weeks of paid parental leave
- 4 weeks of each paid medical and caregiver leave
- 4 weeks of flexible, paid compassionate leave
- Flexible work schedule
- Daily in-office lunches
At Cocoon, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) serve as the foundation for a successful team, product, and community. We’re committed to building a company where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and be set up for success. Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce requires ongoing effort and attention. We are committed to cultivating space for feedback and expanding our understanding of DEIB as our community grows.
The compensation range for this role is $225,000-275,000 OTE to be determined through our interview process.