Who We Are
Cobalt provides the world's largest pentesting platform, delivering thousands of pentests per year. Cobalt's Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) platform is modernizing traditional pentesting. By combining a SaaS platform with an exclusive community of testers, we deliver the real-time insights you need to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. We see the Pentest as a Service model as a first step in our vision to create a new interface to the security workforce. We have seen tremendous traction over the years and today we have 1000+ customers on Cobalt's platform, ranging in size from Fortune 50 companies to emerging tech start-ups.
We are remote-first with local hubs in Austin, Boston, Berlin, and San Francisco. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We have secured more than $50M in funding from a variety of top flight investors, led by Highland Europe. We are using our funding to expand global usage and continue development of the Cobalt platform, which pioneered the Penetration test as a Service (PtaaS) model.
What’s next? Cobalt is growing our QA team to help solidify our status as a world-class security platform. You’ll work collaboratively with engineering managers, product managers and engineers to understand the system as a whole and the purpose of the tests, educate on testing best practices, and train engineers with examples and guidelines as they keep new feature development up to our code quality standards. For more info on Engineering at Cobalt, check out our Spotlight on Engineering blog.
What You'll Do
- Work in a remote-first, globally distributed engineering team across the US, Germany, and the UK.
- Make an impact as we build the best Pentest as a Service Platform.
- Be an active member of a cross-functional product development team that frequently interfaces with business stakeholders.
- Help the team consistently deliver high quality features and functionality.
- Plan and lead testing for integration projects.
- Review specifications and work with EMs, PMs and Designers to drive sprints.
- Build upon Cobalt’s existing testing infrastructure, creating and implementing test automation plans.
- Develop contract tests and API collections to ensure SLAs between services.
- Troubleshoot and modify automated test scripts and complete manual QA testing as needed.
You Identify As
- Self-Starter: As a senior member of the team, you’ll feel at home as a hands-on, self-directed engineer who drives initiatives within the team and across all of engineering.
- Team-Player: You collaborate with engineering and the product team (PMs, Designers) daily to understand and remediate any gaps in quality analysis, ensuring successful deployments of features that meet product specifications.
- Technical-Interface: You’ll help others understand technical complexities of things like running tests suites in parallel, managing mocked data, outlining coverage achieved by manual vs. automated testing, etc.
- Mentoring: You are passionate about sharing your knowledge and want to mentor and support others in their growth, and empower engineers to reduce false-failures.
- 5+ years experience in software testing and quality assurance, both automated and manual testing of web applications and APIs.
- Hands-on experience with frontend and backend testing frameworks; specifically Cypress, Jest/Enzyme or React Testing Library, rspec, Postman, REST Assured.
- A commitment to engineering excellence: detail oriented, analytical, critical thinking applied to a variety of problems.
- Ability to communicate and project manage effectively in an asynchronous environment.
- High comfort level with a remote-first, global company.
- Familiarity with OpenAPI, Agile, DevOps, and CI/CD.
- Exposure to cloud architectures - we’re on GCP using Terraform, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Deep understanding of the SDLC tooling ecosystem (+ security tools, even better).
- Good written and verbal communication in English.
Bonus If You Have
- Experience in a fast-growing SaaS company.
- Experience with automation / low-code / orchestration frameworks + SDKs.
- Experience with performance or load-testing tools like JMeter, Gatlin, or others.
- Experience in the cybersecurity industry / knowledge of best practices.
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off, and 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary