Who We Are
Cobalt provides the world's largest pentesting platform, delivering thousands of pentests per year. Cobalt's Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) platform is modernizing traditional pentesting. By combining a SaaS platform with an exclusive community of testers, we deliver the real-time insights you need to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. We see the Pentest as a Service model as a first step in our vision to create a new interface to the security workforce. We have seen tremendous traction over the years and today we have 1000+ customers on Cobalt's platform, ranging in size from Fortune 50 companies to emerging tech start-ups.
We are remote-first with local hubs in Austin, Boston, Berlin, and San Francisco. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We have secured more than $50M in funding from a variety of top flight investors, led by Highland Europe. We are using our funding to expand global usage and continue development of the Cobalt platform, which pioneered the Penetration test as a Service (PtaaS) model.
Cobalt’s Pentest Operations team is transforming with a focus on quality and customer success. We are looking for a detail-oriented, highly organized Technical Account Manager (TAM) to help the Cobalt.io Pentest Operations and Professional Services teams continue to scale and deliver high quality, timely penetration tests to our customers. Ideal candidates have experience working with or working as a Technical Account Manager (TAM) and are not afraid to get technical when diving into remediation guidance questions. You possess an impeccable attention to detail - with both the technical acuity to articulate both actual and perceived risk as well as an uncanny ability to ensure uniform, yet visually stimulating formatting to penetration testing deliverables.
What You'll Do
- Enhance the customer experience and improve satisfaction by supporting the PenOps and Professional Services offerings.
- Plays a major role in the pre-sales and post-sales processes for our PS offerings.
- Informs and trains customers in the Core Platform and its use.
- Reports customer feedback to the appropriate teams to help improve processes and customer satisfaction.
- Documents customer needs and expectations.
- Provide insight to help shape how we deliver pentests.
- Innovate and collaborate with our product teams to enhance our platform.
- Be the technical gatekeeper of quality for all deliverables. From technical accuracy to ensuring clear risk articulation and practical remediation guidance.
- Support the Technical Project Manager team and provide technical perspective for the active penetration tests from kickoff to report delivery and retest - ensuring customer and pentester needs are being met.
- Escalate or immediately remove obstacles that arise during testing - ensuring swift resolution and smooth restoration of testing activity and customer satisfaction.
- Partnering with Customer Success Managers to improve the client lifecycle experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Technical Account Manager
- Knowledge in penetration testing and cyber security
- Consulting mindset / operates with a sense of urgency
- Customer first mentality, we succeed when they succeed
- Team player, effective communicator, and dependable
- Professional demeanor over impersonal communication mediums (slack, email, etc.)
- Unparalleled attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office and Google Docs
- BS in Computer Science, Information Security, MIS, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred but not required
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary