Who We Are
Cobalt is a remote-first startup that is redefining pentesting and making cybersecurity easier and more accessible. Our Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) platform, coupled with an exclusive global community of testers, delivers the real-time insights you need to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base, and a global outlook. Our international team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced, and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
Today, Cobalt helps secure hundreds of leading companies like HubSpot, DocuSign, and Credit Karma by connecting them with on-demand pentesting experts. The application brings both sides together to identify, triage, and fix vulnerabilities.
What’s next? Cobalt has built an Integrations team to help solidify our status as a world-class security platform. As a Senior Software Engineer on this team, you’ll leverage your expertise to design and build Cobalt’s APIs and establish Cobalt as part of the larger security tooling ecosystem. You’ll work collaboratively with product managers and product designers to drive the implementation and release of major features, and be a champion of best practices for writing well-tested, well-organized code.
You Identify As
- A Self-Starter. As a senior member of the team, you’ll feel at home as a hands-on, self-directed contributor who drives initiatives within the team and cross-team, for the product and for other engineers.
- A Team-Player. You collaborate with other engineers and the Product team (PMs, Product Designers) daily to deliver high-quality features on time and identify ways to continuously improve how you and your teamwork.
- A Technical-Interface. Not only internally, but with customers and other stakeholders, you’ll help others understand technical complexities and opportunities in terms they’ll understand.
- Backend-Focused. You're familiar with SaaS-focused modern backends, API development, SQL, working primarily in Kotlin/Java and Ruby.
- 5+ years development experience
- Experience with Kotlin (or Java) and Ruby
- Knowledge of Spring Boot and Spring Framework
- A high comfort level within a remote-first global company
- The ability to communicate effectively in an asynchronous environment
- Good written and verbal communication in English
- Experience with RESTful API design and implementation
- Exposure to cloud architectures — we’re on Google Cloud
- The ability to build scalable, maintainable, and performant production code
Bonus If You Have
- Experience designing and building a public API
- Experience with Infrastructure, K8s, GCP
- Experience with automation / low-code / orchestration frameworks + SDKs
- Exposure to the cybersecurity industry or knowledge of best practices
Why You Should Join Us
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Leverage stipends for
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off, remote working from anywhere in the US, and travel perks