Who We Are
Cobalt.io is a fast-growing and globally distributed remote-first cybersecurity start-up with employees in the US and Germany. We connect global security talent with businesses by providing Pentesting as a Service via the Cobalt technology platform. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
Cobalt’s Pentest Operations team is transforming with a focus on quality and customer success. The Associate Technical Writer, Pentest Operations works with technical staff, project managers, and penetration testers, to help craft and refine project deliverables and technical documentation. Additionally, this role collaborates with the pentesters, pentest architects, and other technical resources to ensure that technology is communicated accurately and clearly to customers
The ideal candidate must have a hands-on approach to technology and to the vulnerability findings being reported. You will help enhance and expand the current reporting process and work to inform our Engineering team on potential improvements to our platform.
What You Would Do
- Review, edit, and deliver penetration testing reports.
- Work to define standards, style, and terminology
- Work with Engineering to support and continuously improve the project automation capabilities of our platform
- Translate technical information into clear, concise, and effective language for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Work cross-functionally with SMEs in the Engineering, Sales, Training, Research, and Product Marketing groups along with our CORE pentesting community.
You Must Have
- Background or education in writing or journalism. Technical writing experience a plus
- Proven ability to manage high volume of activity effectively in an agile environment – you love to get stuff done
- You are open to and suggest different perspectives to come up with great solutions
- Strong communication skills and team-driven focus is essential as this team member will be expected to act independently, as well as collaboratively with peers, partners, and managers to ensure customer satisfaction and team goal achievement
- Experience working with a remote first team
- Ability to work with senior writers to maintain style guides and document structures
- Strong research and fact-checking skills
- Drive, no one needs to push you to excel; it’s just who you are
- Eagerness to learn, adapt, and perfect your work; you collaborate and innovate
- A strong desire to help and serve internal customers, we win together
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Make the most of our flexible, unlimited paid time off, remote working from anywhere in the US, Germany or the UK and travel perks
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Leverage stipends for wellness, work-from-home and learning & development
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US only)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US only)