Who We Are
Cobalt.io is a fast-growing and globally distributed remote-first cybersecurity start-up with employees in the US and Germany. We connect global security talent with businesses by providing Pentesting as a Service via the Cobalt technology platform. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
All organizations need security testing for their software, and we are building the world's largest and smartest pentest management platform to help solve this challenge at scale.
Design at Cobalt is growing and we are seeking a talented Senior Visual Designer to help take our Brand to the next level. As a Senior Visual Designer, you will collaborate closely with Marketing as well as other designers and business stakeholders. You will craft engaging collateral to help bring Cobalt.io to life using your visual design skills to develop a steady stream of marketing assets, and also support larger creative campaigns by providing expertise and input while ensuring that our visual style remains cohesive, impactful, and on brand.
What You Would Do
- Shape and elevate the visual design for all creative marketing deliverables across all channels for Cobalt; social, email, digital ads, event experiences, swag, presentation templates, infographics, landing pages, digital brochures and more…
- Develop and evolve our brand standards for collateral use in collaboration with our Lead Visual Designer
- Translate brand strategies into clear, compelling content across audiences and channels
- Use visual design to express our company values and brand.
- Work closely with our Lead Visual Designer and his team who are currently upleveling our brand identity.
- Contribute to our general brand guidelines and maintain documentation.
- Be guardian and offer guidance on how to apply our visual language.
You Must Have
- A passion for your craft and a drive to dig in and help evolve Cobalt’s branding
- An understanding for how to implement corporate brand guidelines to maintain both cohesiveness and creativity
- You are a detail-oriented, self-starter who can manage time and deadlines.
- Deep expertise in typography, composition, color, layout, design thinking, and content strategy.
- Iterative design process
- Strong stakeholder management skills as this role will interface with a lot of different departments
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and prioritize incoming requests
- Excellent communication skills - you can present your design decisions and process clearly
- Experience with conversion-focused design
- Experience using project management tools such as Asana
- Expertise in design tools, i.e., Figma, Adobe Creative Suite
- An online portfolio that showcases previous digital design work
Nice to Have
- Startup experience preferred
- Experience working collaboratively in global, multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience working with Demand Gen, Product Marketing (PMM), and MarComm
- Experience with HubSpot
- Experience working in an agile environment
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of Pentesting!
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Competitive compensation and attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time off, remote working from anywhere in the US/Germany and travel policies
- Paid remote lunches
- Paid parental leave
- Stipends for wellness, work-from-home and learning & development
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future (US only)
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits (US only)