Who We Are
Cobalt.io is a fast-growing and globally distributed remote-first cybersecurity start-up with employees in the US and Germany. We connect global security talent with businesses by providing Pentesting as a Service via the Cobalt technology platform. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
All organizations need security testing for their software, and we are building the world's largest and smartest pentest management platform to help solve this challenge at scale.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of our new Customer Experience: Foundations team at Cobalt. The foundations team is focused on creating a robust platform experience that meets the requirements of today's Enterprise customers, while at the same time offering a UX at the level of the B2C applications we all use on a daily basis. As the product designer for this team, you will partner with product and engineering to drive core product functionality such as access control, user management, and our notification strategy.
What You Would Do
- You'll be responsible for the product design on our Customer Experience: Foundations team.
- You'll be the strongest advocate for our customers within your domain.
- You'll have the opportunity to define the future of the foundations team, which includes items like user management, notifications, organization management, and roles and permissions configuration.
- You'll take the initiative in identifying problems and opportunities to improve how users, organizations and user permissions manifest in our platform.
- You'll help to craft the experience for our subscription tiers as it relates to our platform.
- You’ll Partner closely with product and engineering to drive team strategy, product decisions, and roadmap priorities.
- Own end-to-end user journey and all aspects of design execution from vision, ideation, to prototyping, to user testing, to final production.
- Provide design feedback to other design team members.
You Must Have
- Experience aligning stakeholders while producing solutions that solve user's needs advised by business objectives and technical capabilities.
- An understanding of the end-to-end product design process. Including how to develop and use IA, journey mapping, prototyping, user stories, user research, wireframing, and visual design.
- The ability to solve ambiguous and complex problems with simple, elegant, user-focused solutions.
- Experience applying both quantitative and qualitative research techniques to inform design decisions.
- You are a detail-oriented, self-starter who can manage time and deadlines.
- You are comfortable designing in an iterative way to continue learning and adapting.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills - you can present your design decisions and process succinctly.
- Experience designing for consumer-facing UX.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Expertise in design tools, i.e., Figma, Miro
- An online portfolio that shows examples of your design process
Nice to Have
- Experience designing for user management (authentication, RBAC)
- Experience working at other SaaS companies
- Experience working collaboratively in global, multi-disciplinary design teams
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of Pentesting!
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Competitive compensation and attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time off, remote working from anywhere in the US/Germany and travel policies
- Paid remote lunches
- Paid parental leave
- Stipends for wellness, work-from-home and learning & development
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future (US only)
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits (US only)