Who We Are
Cobalt.io is a fast-growing and globally distributed cybersecurity start-up. Our platform connects global security talent with businesses via our Penesting as a Service (PtaaS) offering. We are the world’s largest pentesting platform delivering thousands of pentests per year. We see the Pentest as a Service model as a first step in our vision to create a new interface to the security workforce. We have seen tremendous traction over the years and today have +1000 customers on Cobalt’s platform.
We are remote-first with local hubs in Boston, Berlin and San Francisco. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
Do you like to create and lead industries? Then this role is for you. We are looking for an experienced Marketing executive who can help us lead the Marketing team at Cobalt.io. You will design, implement and monitor effective marketing strategies that align with our business goals. This role will be reporting to Cobalt’s Chief Executive Officer and you will be working closely with the GTM leadership team and influence the entire Cobalt.
Your primary responsibilities will be to lead Cobalt’s Marketing organization. This includes Corporate Marketing, Demand Generation, Product Marketing and Marketing Communications. You know how to create a category and pioneer an industry. You are technology driven and understand how to leverage Cobalt’s platform for product led growth. You will not only lead Marketing but help develop and drive strategic initiatives within Cobalt.
- People first person who can recruit and develop an excellent Marketing organization
- You know how to create a brand and position a company to lead the industry
- You understand the changing dynamics of Marketing and when to invest in brand, drive pipeline or collaborate with product on PQLs
- You have built relationships with media and stakeholders through creative PR strategies
- You love both coaching and mentoring and know when to do what
- You have more than 20 years of marketing experience
- You have 10 years of experience with B2B and SaaS
- Direct management experience with +50 people
- You have been a VP of Marketing or CMO in a similar environment
- You have a strategic mindset, with ability to make difficult decisions
- Board and investor management experience
- You escape competition through authenticity
Bonus points if you have experience from the information security space, B2B Service Marketplaces and remote-first environments.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. We hope that Cobalt will be your last job.
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Competitive compensation and attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time off, remote working from anywhere in the US and travel policies
- Paid remote lunches
- Stipends for wellness, work-from-home and learning & development
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future (US only)
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits (US only)