Who We Are
Cobalt (cobalt.io) is a fast growing cybersecurity start-up headquartered in San Francisco. Cobalt is providing a Pentest as a Service Platform which leverages the sharing economy to find global security talent to help secure companies and their users. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our offices in San Francisco, Berlin, and remote roles are characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are looking for a Staff Data Engineer to help us use data in how our employees make decisions and to leverage data in future product initiatives. This role ranges from supporting data infrastructure for Finance, Pentest Operations and Product teams to working with Engineering so that data can be leveraged in our products. Cobalt Data today is built in GCP Bigquery using Terraform.
What You Would Do
- Work with remote friendly engineering teams (with opportunity to work in the Berlin office), following Agile and continuous automation processes to build out the best possible experience for our employees.
- Proactively identify current and future short-comings and opportunities across departments.
- Define and run projects spanning several months, keeping stakeholders informed.
- Partner with Product, Marketing and Sales teams to understand their needs and brainstorm solutions.
- Build and maintain a simple, secure, and reliable data infrastructure that other engineers can easily understand and contribute to.
- Establish trusted datasets that data analysts and engineers easily can gain insights from and build products around.
You Must Have
- 8+ years of professional experience with software development.
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure, preferably GCP.
- Ability to clearly and friendly communicate and listen to other Engineers and team members.
- Knowledge of application architecture, security and reliability concepts.
- Experience building reliable and consistent data infrastructure.
- Experience with Terraform or other infrastructure as code solution.
- Good organization skills, excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Comfortable working in distributed environment.
Why You Should Join Us
- As the first full-time data engineer you will have a huge influence and ownership on our data strategy.
- Through your work you will enable Cobalt employees, pentesters, and companies make applications more secure.
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry.
- Competitive compensation & attractive equity plan.
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Paid parental leave