Who We Are
Cobalt (cobalt.io) is a fast growing cybersecurity start-up headquartered in San Francisco. Cobalt is providing a Pentest as a Service platform which leverages the sharing economy to find global security talent to help secure companies and their users. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our offices in San Francisco, Berlin, and remote roles are characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
All organizations need security testing for their software and we are building the world’s largest and smartest pentest management platform to help solve this challenge at scale.
In this senior level role, you will act as both Maker and Manager for our team of designers.
As Lead Visual Designer, you will work closely with Marketing and our Founders to develop Cobalt’s visual language for our brand. You will work closely with the Product Development teams to ensure a compelling and consistent brand experience for our users as they journey from the website to the product.
You will weave iconography, typography, color, space and texture together to clearly reinforce the Cobalt brand in both print (Signage and collateral for events) to digital (cobalt.io website and the cobalt platform) to online communication tools (sales decks, presentation templates).
As a member of the Growth Experience team, you will work closely with product and engineering to create frictionless experiences to attract and acquire new customers.
What You Would Do
As a member of a growing team of designers you will:
- Drive the visual strategy and execution across cobalt’s offline and online presence; and product platform.
- Apply user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals - from concept to execution.
- Work collaboratively with your fellow designers to develop and expand design systems for both offline and online.
- Work alongside the product development teams to refresh and evolve the user interface of our main application.
- Utilize your typography and illustration skills to create updated graphics as necessary.
- Consider all parts of the experience, from copy to animations to the business model, when designing.
- Review and ensure work done by outside agencies meet Cobalt brand and design guidelines and standards.
- Use both quantitative and qualitative data to form design direction and prioritization.
- Work alongside Product and Marketing to evolve the cobalt.io website.
You Must Have
- 10+ years of experience in both Visual and Product Design. Experience as Art Director a plus. Experience in fast-growing software companies and the security industry are an additional plus.
- Experience managing a design team.
- BA/BS degree in Design (E.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product) or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience leading and collaborating with multidisciplinary design and/or product teams.
- Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy backed by user research.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You’re skilled in presenting and defending your work, process, and decisions. You crave feedback to help you produce your best work.
- Strong bias for action, creative thinking, innovation and data-driven design decision-making.
- A can-do attitude and the ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience working with design software tools and services such as Sketch, Invision, Abstract, Figma, the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite. (Bonus: Canva)
- Experience with agile software development with familiarity with Jira and Confluence.
- Experience working with global team members.
What You Must Include in Your Application
- Your current CV or link to your LinkedIn profile
- A link to your online portfolio.
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time-off, remote work & travel policies
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Paid parental leave