Who We Are
Cobalt (cobalt.io) is a fast growing cybersecurity start-up headquartered in San Francisco. Cobalt is providing a Pentest as a Service Platform which leverages the sharing economy to find global security talent to help secure companies and their users. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our offices in San Francisco, Berlin, and remote roles are characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
All organizations need security testing for their software and we are building the world’s largest and smartest pentest management platform to help solve this challenge at scale.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who is excited about accelerating customer growth. As Product Manager for the Growth Experience team, you will play a vital role in building a unified, experience for our global customers. You will optimize conversion across the various user journeys: from engineering leads in start-ups to security executives in global enterprise companies.
You will merge attention to detail with the ability to understand and align business objectives, while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive customer insights and inputs directly into the development process.
Initiative and curiosity are critical to this role - we will validate assumptions about our customer segments with testing and continuously refine to provide an online experience that feels like great customer service.
What You Would Do
As a member of a growing team of product managers your responsibilities include:
- Own the product strategy for your area. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision. Be an expert in the domain, the market, the trends. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Identify and prioritize the optimization of various customer journeys in partnership with Marketing, Product, Design, Engineering and Revenue Operations in a customer-centric and data informed approach.
- Measure success. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a feature and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Define metrics and track key business and usage analytics/ Work with Product and Revenue Operations to ensure a holistic view of how each initiative is impacting the Cobalt business.
- Manage the Growth Experiencer roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while enabling the company to think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by articulating a clear product vision and strategy. Maintain an understandable, accurate roadmap that is updated based on the team’s velocity.
- Drive alignment and collaboration across teams.. We win or lose as a team. Product managers are a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Develop familiarity with information security, security operations, vulnerability disclosure, vulnerability management and other security domain areas.
- Become fluent in pentesting best practices. You are ready to discuss and demonstrate product details with developers, product designers, security operations, pentesters, customers and sales prospects.
You Must Have
- 5+ years experience in Product Management with demonstrated ability to discover new opportunities, define and deliver products, preferably in the e-Commerce domain. Experience in a fast-growing start-up a plus. Experience in the security industry is a bonus point!
- Strong user and stakeholder empathy. You must not only be the voice of multiple users but at various times the voice of marketing, finance, engineering, sales and customer success. You must be able to channel many points of view.
- The strong analytical and data-informed mindset with a bias for action. You are a creative thinker who has proven to build innovative, data-driven products. You are passionate about A/B testing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You’re great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences, with a talent for building empathy for user problems. You have the ability to encourage your team to build better products that deliver high customer value and drive strategic impact.
- Ability to communicate directly and clearly, mainly because you are a careful and active listener.
- A can-do attitude and the ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with agile software development working with global team members.
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time-off, flexible work from home & travel policies
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Paid lunch 3x/week
- Pet-friendly offices