Who We Are
Cobalt (cobalt.io) is a fast growing cybersecurity start-up headquartered in San Francisco. Cobalt is providing a Pentest as a Service platform which leverages the sharing economy to find global security talent to help secure companies and their users. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our offices in San Francisco, Berlin, and remote roles are characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
You will need to develop great business relationships with each of Sales, Rev Ops, Customer Success and Finance.
You will report to our VP of Finance. Your responsibilities will include managing and executing process, reviewing contracts, identifying issues requiring legal/business approval, and will work with various departments to expedite transaction generation, approval and close. You will be able to interpret standard contracts and bring out the issues that need either a business or legal decision.
This role is best suited for an experienced Contracts Specialist who thrives in a startup environment, is able to navigate deals, processes, and problems strategically and tactically, and has a proven track record of building scalable processes for growing organizations in partnership with Sales and Finance. Collaboration with others to understand and resolve cross-functional business issues is the key to success in this role.
What You Would Do
- Overseeing the commercial contracting process in partnership with Sales, Deal Desk, and Finance teams to enable deal closure; supporting Sales in negotiations planning; advising on required stakeholder approvals for key contract terms; ensuring timely handoffs of contracts to other internal partners and customers
- Maintaining a holistic view of a deal throughout contract negotiations; driving internal stakeholder discussions and alignment on customer concerns or key business issues that arise during negotiations
- Driving and participating in contract negotiations with customers.
- Advising Account Executives on contract objection-handling techniques, alternative contract options, and value propositions to help close deals; responding to customer and internal stakeholder questions about key contract terms
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop a robust fallbacks bank and contracting best practices; building or improving processes and identifying sales training opportunities
Additional Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Strong working knowledge of applicable commercial legal principles and able to work on diverse contractual issues simultaneously from inception to completion. Experience negotiating a broad range of legal issues that arise in the context of commercial transactions (e.g. indemnification, limitation of liability, confidentiality, SLAs)
- Knowledge of Data Security and Data Privacy terms is a plus
- Willingness to be a team player and collaborate with Deal Desk teammates and other internal teams on ad hoc projects
- Ensure all non-standard commercial terms are reviewed, approved, and properly documented in Salesforce and Apttus
- Identify deal trends and drive efforts to categorize historical contracting and deal structuring trends based on sales segment or industry vertical, etc.
You Must Have
- Minimum of 6 years directly supporting a Sales team, with at least 2 years of hands-on experience in drafting and negotiating software licensing/SaaS customer agreements with companies preferably in the Fortune 500 and Global 2000
- Experience working cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, Legal in executing contracts and building new processes
- Familiarity with SaaS subscription models, pricing, and revenue recognition
- Able to communicate effectively with various audiences ranging from Customers to Account Executives to C-level
- Demonstrated project management experience and/or participation in process improvement efforts
- Comfortable operating under pressure/with sense of urgency
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
Nice to Have
- Experience in Salesforce and Google Suite preferred
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time-off, flexible work from home & travel policies
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Paid lunch 3x/week
- Pet-friendly offices
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future (US only)
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits (US only)