Who We Are
Cobalt (cobalt.io) is a fast growing cybersecurity start-up headquartered in San Francisco. Cobalt is providing a Pentest as a Service Platform which leverages the sharing economy to find global security talent to help secure companies and their users. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our offices in San Francisco, Berlin, and remote roles are characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
All organizations need security testing for their software and we are building the world’s largest and smartest pentest platform to help solve this challenge at scale.
As Senior Product Manager you will drive the definition, development, adoption and usage of our Cobalt application. You will take ownership of one of our applications as you innovate and execute initiatives designed to empower our users to deliver quality at speed to our customers.
You will merge attention to technical detail with the ability to understand and align business objectives, while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive insights and inputs directly into the development process. You will work closely with customers, pentesters, the Cobalt pentester community and other agile pods.
What You Would Do
As a member of a growing team of product managers your responsibilities include:
- Own the product vision for your area. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision. Be an expert in the domain, the market, the trends. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Represent our users, customers. Work with Product Design and internal stakeholders such as our Security Operations and Customer Success teams to bring their voice into the development process.
- Manage the platform roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while enabling the company to think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product managers are a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Develop familiarity with information security, vulnerability disclosure, pentester culture, vulnerability management and other security domain areas.
- Become an expert in pentesting best-practices. You are ready to discuss and demonstrate technical details with developers, product designers, security operations, pentesters, customers and sales prospects.
- Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for your product. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypothesis.
- Develop new opportunities for our market.
You Must Have
- 8+ years experience in Product Management with demonstrated ability to discover new opportunities and then define and deliver products. Experience in the security industry a plus. Experience in fast-growing software companies an additional plus.
- Strong user and stakeholder empathy. You must not only be the voice of our users and customers but at various times the voice of security operations, customer success, marketing, finance, engineering, and sales. You must be able to channel many points of view.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You’re great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non technical audiences, with a talent for building empathy for user problems.
- Strong bias for action, creative thinking, innovation and data-driven product decision-making.
- A can-do attitude and ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with agile software development.
- Experience working with global team members.
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time-off, flexible work from home & travel policies
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Paid lunch 3x/week
- Pet-friendly offices