Who We Are
Cobalt (cobalt.io) is a fast growing cybersecurity start-up headquartered in San Francisco. Cobalt is providing a Pentest as a Service platform which leverages the sharing economy to find global security talent to help secure companies and their users. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our offices in San Francisco, Berlin, and remote roles are characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
The Associate Community Manager will be part of the CORE (Community, Operations, Research, Enablement) Labs division of Cobalt. The Cobalt Core is a community of highly skilled security pentesters who are passionate about what they do and who are always striving to be at the top of their game. This curated community is made up of security professionals with many years of experience as well as talented pentesters who are eager to learn the trade and show their skills. We are looking for an individual who is driven, solution oriented and passionate about growing and nurturing our Cobalt Core community.
What You Would Do
- Cultivate the Cobalt Core community of pentesters.
- Coordinate pentester retention and recruitment community events.
- Engage potential Cobalt Core pentesters via online mediums/social media initiatives.
- Onboard new pentesters in a seamless manner, always aiming to exceed KPI’s.
- Work on cross-departmental initiatives, e.g. with marketing, finance and engineering that will enhance the pentester experience.
- Contribute to the development of gamification & incentivization programs.
- Contribute to the development of communications program and content.
You Must Have
- The ability to deliver quality at speed. You have experience managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment that is driven to solve a complex problem.
- Excellent communication skills and are comfortable with remote communication, such as Zoom and Slack.
- Keen attention to detail and proven ability to engage with multiple applicants - responsiveness is key! .
- Networking skills to identify, nurture, and grow a network of pentesters to meet current and future business needs.
- You are a humble learner. You like that our pentester community is constantly challenging Cobalt to be the best pentesting platform. You can advocate for application features and process improvements that will enhance the pentester experience.
- Grit. You have the ability to work independently and lead projects and initiatives.
- Enthusiasm about representing Cobalt at meet-ups and conferences.
- A global mindset and welcome working with teams across disparate geographies.
Nice to Have
- Infosec experience, knowledge of pentesting and bug bounties (preferred but not mandatory).
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time-off, remote work, & travel policies
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Paid lunch 3x/week
- Pet-friendly offices
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future (US only)
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits (US only)