Who We Are
Cobalt (cobalt.io) is a fast growing cybersecurity start-up headquartered in San Francisco. Cobalt is providing a Pentest as a Service platform which leverages the sharing economy to find global security talent to help secure companies and their users. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our offices in San Francisco, Berlin, and remote roles are characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We are looking for a driven Solutions Architect that’s well versed in the art of scoping security engagements and is an expert bridge builder across internal teams. All organizations need security testing for their software and we are building the world’s largest and smartest pentest platform to help solve this challenge at scale. The Solutions Architect will report directly to the VP of Security Operations and work closely with the Sales and Customer Success functions.
What You Would Do
- Cultivate a diverse network of service providers to tackle inbound security services requirements beyond our scalable delivery capability.
- Partner with Sales to estimate the effort to deliver highly-complex pentest opportunities.
- Own the decision to deliver through operations or subcontract services beyond our scope.
- Partner with Engineering & Product Management to evolve the Cobalt platform.
- Partner with Security Operations to become the world’s smartest and largest pentest platform.
- Ensure our pentest platform demo environment always exemplifies the latest feature innovation.
You Must Have
- Experience scoping pentesting services (network, webapp, mobile, etc.), red team engagements, compliance efforts, or other security-industry related services as typically gained through consulting (5-8+ years preferred).
- Experience delivering technical demonstrations and interfacing with customers during pre-sales / scoping phases.
- Knows what questions to ask that translate into estimated effort to pentest according to skillset, scope, and breadth of customer-defined target environments.
- A global mindset and welcome working with teams across disparate geographies.
- The ability to deliver quality at speed and thrive in a high velocity environment. You like that we have hundreds of clients and many more feature requests. You handle uncertainty well and are excited about your enormous influence you have. You present complex technical challenges so that everybody can understand.
- Networking skills to identify, nurture, and maintain a network of security service partners to deliver services outside of our core competency.
- Grit and a hunger to constantly learn. You don’t give up. You learn super fast. You want to work with Cobalt industry leaders like Caroline Wong and Joe Sechman.
- The drive to accomplish a mission. You are energized by Cobalt’s opportunity and growth and want to have an equity stake in Cobalt.io.
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time-off, remote work, & travel policies
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Paid lunch 3x/week
- Pet-friendly offices
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future (US only)
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits (US only)