Who We Are
Cobalt (cobalt.io) is a fast growing cybersecurity start-up headquartered in San Francisco. Cobalt is providing a Pentest as a Service platform which leverages the sharing economy to find global security talent to help secure companies and their users. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our offices in San Francisco, Berlin, and remote roles are characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
What You Would Do
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to lead the way as we build the next version of our software architecture. You will be a key contributor and an advocate for the way we build, maintain, monitor and improve our software stack. You will work in a fast paced, agile environment, collaborating on a daily basis with our Engineering teams and Product Management.
- Define the software architecture vision and implement our backend and front end systems to meet the challenging functional, scalability and reliability requirements of our fast growing business.
- Work closely with Product Management to gather requirements and deliver creative solutions that meet needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability and realistic implementation schedules.
- Implement software verification and quality assurance procedures.
- Provide technical leadership, mentor and grow our team.
- See and present "the big picture", offer solutions to make it better. Be the technical ambassador of the team.
- Define, document and evangelize best practices with the team.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of experience in multi-tiered distributed systems, web services, APIs, relational and NoSQL databases.
- Proven knowledge of application architecture, networking, security, reliability, and scalability concepts.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Successful experience of setting the vision, building, leading and motivating global engineering teams.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions, deal with loosely defined problems and fast changing requirements, think abstractly.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
- An extraordinarily intelligent, rigorous thinker who can operate successfully among very bright and charismatic people.
- Experience participating in agile and test driven development models.
- Knowledge of AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes is a plus.
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation and attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time-off, remote work, and travel policies
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Centrally located office (Mitte)
- Paid lunch 3X/week