Coast is re-imagining the trillion-dollar U.S. B2B card payments infrastructure, with a focus on the country’s 500,000 commercial fleets, 40 million commercial vehicles, and many million commercial drivers. The incumbent technologies that cater to these customers are decades old, and drivers and fleets increasingly demand modern digital experiences and affordable and transparent financial services products. Coast's mission is to deliver them at a transformational scale, beginning with the Coast Fleet and Fuel Card built on a cutting-edge spend management platform.
As our first Risk hire, this person will be in position to shape the foundation of data, processes and risk strategy at Coast. This person should be curious, self-starter and collaborative to deliver on various risk priorities and identify new opportunities for improvement. This role provides a great opportunity for growth as you will interact daily with the head of various functions (Sales, Marketing, Product, Operations, Legal, Finance and the CEO) to deliver on various risk initiatives.
- Report to the Head of Risk at Coast and drive credit and fraud strategy
- Analyze data (application, transactions, account performance) to manage portfolio risk
- Evaluate customer applications to identify emerging fraud or credit trends
- Partner cross functionally with product, sales, marketing, operations, legal and finance team to lead and promote credit and fraud initiatives
- Research emerging solutions in market to make recommendations to senior leadership
- 3-5 years experience working in credit function or a payments product (Charge or Corporate card)
- Strong SQL skills and ability to analyze data to create actionable insights
- Able to work independently with little oversight or management in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with high-energy and mission-driven colleagues
- Critically, the candidate must be practical and business-minded, smart and creative, and excited about the rewards and volatility of an early-stage venture-backed startup
- Experience with B2B early stage Fintech
- Experience in underwriting small to medium sized businesses
- Experience with building and executing transaction fraud strategy
Coast is founded and led by Daniel Simon, who previously co-founded Bread (breadpayments.com), a leading payments and credit technology firm backed by some of the world’s top VCs which was acquired for $500MM+ in 2020.
Coast recently raised $27.5M in a Series A financing co-led by Accel and Insight Partners. We're also backed by top fintech and mobility venture funds – including Better Tomorrow Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, BoxGroup, Foundation Capital, Greycroft, and Colle – and premier angel investors – including Max Levchin (Affirm), Josh Abramowitz (Bread), Jason Gardner (Marqeta), William Hockey (Plaid), Ryan Petersen (Flexport), and many others.
Coast is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are building a diverse and inclusive environment, so we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.