Coast is a Series A startup re-imagining the trillion-dollar U.S. B2B card payments infrastructure, focusing on the country’s 500,000 commercial fleets, 40 million commercial vehicles, and many million commercial drivers. The incumbent technologies that cater to these customers are decades old, and drivers, fleets, and the merchants that serve them all increasingly demand modern digital experiences and affordable and transparent financial services products. Coast's mission is to deliver them at a transformational scale and to improve working lives in one of the country’s biggest industry sectors.
We are looking for our first Senior Product Marketing Manager, Coast’s marketing employee #4, to develop our positioning and product messaging, and play a key role in our go-to-market. This role will partner closely with the Head of Growth Marketing and the Content Marketing Lead to execute performance marketing and vertical marketing strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Go-to-Market Strategy: Develop, oversee and execute on go-to-market strategy for new product launches, updates, releases, and features
- Messaging & Positioning: Collaborate with demand generation to develop and test compelling messaging that clearly demonstrates our value proposition and positions Coast as the leading brand and trusted partner for local business
- Sales Enablement: Drive revenue by supporting the sales team with internal education/training, sales collateral, customer success stories, FAQs, talking points, suggested email and social messaging, etc.
- Market Research & Persona Building: Assist internal stakeholders in defining the market opportunity and understanding the needs/wants/pain points of our target buyer personas to inform strategy, messaging, and planning
- Customer Communications: CRM strategies and messaging to improve product adoption, customer success, and business outcomes
- Competitive Intelligence: Lead competitive intelligence gathering and strategy. Create plans that proactively counter competitive movement and provide sales and account teams with talking points around any relevant competitors
- Client Advocacy: Employ a “show, don’t tell” philosophy by developing initiatives to recruit client case studies, written/video testimonials, etc. for use on our website, collateral, and presentations
- Subject Matter Expertise: Understand and be able to communicate both the unique selling propositions and technical/methodological details behind Coast’s product offerings, both internally and externally
What we’re looking for:
- 4-5 years of product marketing experience in B2B, fintech preferable but not required
- Extensive expertise in conceiving, driving, and executing product marketing deliverables for digital campaigns, webinars, events, thought leadership
- Thrives in fast-paced environments and can adapt quickly to shifting priorities.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of turning product innovation into content that resonates along the customer journey
- Direct experience developing and evolving buyer personas
- Direct experience in creating segmented messaging for multiple personas
- Track record of creating and delivering effective sales enablement
- Strong experience presenting to both stakeholders and external audiences
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent professional experience
Critically, you must be practical and business-minded, smart and creative, and excited about the rewards and volatility of an early-stage venture-backed startup.
Coast is founded and led by Daniel Simon, who previously cofounded Bread (breadpayments.com), a leading payments and credit technology firm backed by some of the world’s top VCs which was acquired for $500MM+ in 2020.
Coast recently raised $27.5M in a Series A financing co-led by Accel and Insight Partners. We're also backed by top fintech and mobility venture funds – including Better Tomorrow Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, BoxGroup, Foundation Capital, Greycroft, and Colle – and premier angel investors – including Max Levchin (Affirm), Josh Abramowitz (Bread), Jason Gardner (Marqeta), William Hockey (Plaid), Ryan Petersen (Flexport), and many others.
Coast is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are building a diverse and inclusive environment, so we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.