Coast is re-imagining the trillion-dollar U.S. B2B card payments infrastructure, with a focus on the country’s 500,000 commercial fleets, 40 million commercial vehicles, and many million commercial drivers. The incumbent technologies that cater to these customers are decades old, and drivers and fleets increasingly demand modern digital experiences and affordable and transparent financial services products. Coast's mission is to deliver them at a transformational scale, beginning with the Coast Fleet and Fuel Card built on a cutting-edge spend management platform.
As one of our early sales hires at Coast, an early-stage startup, you will roll up your sleeves to do the critical work of selling Coast’s product. Coast is built to help businesses with fleets save time and money, and you will identify, develop, and close relationships with prospective clients. At the same time, you’ll help build out the sales strategy and vision for our customer-first sales organization. Your contributions will directly drive revenue for Coast, while enabling the long term success of our future sales colleagues.
- Own the entire customer sales cycle from prospect to close for businesses that operate between 5 and 1,000 vehicles
- Drive revenue for Coast through consultative, customer-first, selling
- Develop a sales pipeline through strategic outbound prospecting and closing large inbound leads
- Articulate the Coast value proposition to qualified decision makers, finance teams, and C-level executives
- Collaborate with marketing to create a holistic customer engagement strategy
- Share customer feedback with Coast colleagues in product, finance, and risk to improve the user experience
- Achieve and exceed sales targets and projected revenue goals
- Provide input into the sales organization strategy to help us scale exponentially
- Proactively develop recommendations to improve and optimize our sales engine
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year university
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in B2B sales; familiarity with Fleet and Trade organizations is a bonus
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience with outbound sales and lead generation using Salesforce, Outreach, and other key tools
- Ability to identify and engage decision makers within a prospective client organization
- Capable of demonstrating value and handling objections for a financial technology product
- Comfort performing fast-paced, transactional, outbound and inbound sales
- Proven track record at meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Strong sales toolkit: you can prospect, qualify, demonstrate, negotiate, and close deals
- Willingness to build the ship and sail it at the same time as one of our very first sales hires
- Positive attitude with a focus on having a growth mindset
Critically, you must be practical and business-minded, smart and creative, and excited about the rewards and volatility of an early-stage venture-backed startup.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits, signing bonus, and equity. Pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including scope and qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to other Coast employees. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at Coast to fall healthily within the range based on these factors.
- Salary range: $75,000 - $90,000
- Performance bonus: $45,000 - $60,000 annually
- Signing bonus
- Equity grant: commensurate with level determined at the discretion of the company, with meaningful potential upside given the company’s early stage
- Benefits overview:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off (vacation, personal well being, paid holidays)
- Paid parental leave
- $400 accessories allowance for home office setup to be spent on a keyboard, mouse, headphones, etc.
- Free lunch every Friday
Coast is founded and led by Daniel Simon, who previously cofounded Bread (breadpayments.com), a leading payments and credit technology firm backed by some of the world’s top VCs which was acquired for $500MM+ in 2020.
Coast recently raised $27.5M in a Series A financing co-led by Accel and Insight Partners. We're also backed by top fintech and mobility venture funds – including Better Tomorrow Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, BoxGroup, Foundation Capital, Greycroft, and Colle – and premier angel investors – including Max Levchin (Affirm), Josh Abramowitz (Bread), Jason Gardner (Marqeta), William Hockey (Plaid), Ryan Petersen (Flexport), and many others.
Coast is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are building a diverse and inclusive environment, so we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.