Coast is re-imagining the trillion-dollar U.S. B2B card payments infrastructure, with a focus on the country’s 500,000 commercial fleets, 40 million commercial vehicles, and many million commercial drivers. The incumbent technologies that cater to these customers are decades old, and drivers and fleets increasingly demand modern digital experiences and affordable and transparent financial services products. Coast's mission is to deliver them at a transformational scale, beginning with the Coast Fleet and Fuel Card built on a cutting-edge spend management platform.
The Senior Product & UX Designer will own the UX and interface design of a modern payments platform targeting SMBs. The team is small, friendly, and experienced. The Senior Product & UX Designer will work directly with the company leaders, make decisions quickly, and own the product look and feel.
The Senior Product & UX Designer will:
- Become deeply knowledgeable about the product roadmap, user workflows, and current designs, so that you can translate complex requirements into simple user interfaces
- Collaborate with the Director of Product and to bring features from ideation, sketches, wireframes and high-fidelity designs, to development and production
- Work with the product team to conduct user research, develop personas, and validate designs through usability testing
- Iterate on and constantly improve the existing product design
The Senior Product & UX Designer must have:
- Demonstrated user-focused and systematic thinking in the creation of prototypes and high-fidelity designs.
- Portfolio of work that includes UX and user-interface design of responsive single-page web apps for desktop and mobile.
- Demonstrated ability to understand a product at a deep level and to drive/participate in user-research. Ability to balance the need for a beautiful, user-delighting interface with the pragmatic concerns of delivery.
- Good organization, with the ability to clearly communicate ideas and design principles.
- Fintech experience (a plus, but not required).
- The ability to work independently with little oversight or management in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with high-energy and mission-driven colleagues.
Critically, the candidate must be practical and business-minded, smart and creative, and excited about the rewards and volatility of an early-stage venture-backed startup.
Coast is re-imagining the trillion-dollar U.S. B2B card payments infrastructure, with a focus on the country’s 500,000 commercial fleets, 10 million commercial vehicles, and 4 million commercial drivers.
Coast is co-founded and led by Daniel Simon, who previously cofounded Bread (breadpayments.com), a leading payments and credit technology firm backed by some of the world’s top VCs which was acquired for $500MM+ in 2020.
Coast recently raised $27.5M in a Series A financing co-led by Accel and Insight Partners. We're also backed by top fintech and mobility venture funds – including Better Tomorrow Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, BoxGroup, Foundation Capital, Greycroft, and Colle – and premier angel investors – including Max Levchin (Affirm), Josh Abramowitz (Bread), Jason Gardner (Marqeta), William Hockey (Plaid), Ryan Petersen (Flexport), and many others.
Coast is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are building a diverse and inclusive environment, so we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.