Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
As a Product Manager at Coalition, you will own one of the company's strategic product areas and have a material impact on business outcomes. You'll identify key problems we tackle, get feedback from key stakeholders, prioritize features to plan a roadmap, and work across the company to build innovative solutions. A good product manager thinks creatively, empathizes with their customers, and deeply understands the domain. A great product manager continually creates business value, delights customers, and improves company infrastructure to unlock faster development.
In this role, you will drive a key part of Coalition’s growth via a combination of great user experiences and creative experimentation. Your top three focuses will be i) designing intuitive journeys for the broker across their activation, onboarding, and reactivation journeys, ii) digging into data and customer feedback to find the biggest unoptimized revenue opportunities, and iii) testing various strategies to optimize the results. You will work closely with our brokers, our marketing stakeholders, and our engineers to translate business logic, problems, and user feedback into experiences that can multiply our growth. You will work cross-functionally across teams and other product owners at the company to create delightful user experiences that are simple, intuitive, and reliable. You will need to iterate quickly based on user feedback, quantitative data, and an understanding of world class UX to make our product experience better.
We expect a balance of constant incremental improvement with appetite for larger strategic opportunities. When you find problems, you’re willing to fix the root issue and invest in solutions that benefit the company long term. You’ll manage your roadmap in a clear, consistent manner, and help everyone understand what success looks like.
We're growing quickly, so there is considerable opportunity to scale responsibility with the company’s success.
This is a remote position that can be based anywhere in the United States.
Skills and Qualifications
- An ownership mentality; do what it takes to deliver great outcomes
- A passion for technology and 3+ years of experience building software products, ideally for external customers
- A track record taking ideas all the way to shipping great products and customer benefits
- An ability to deliver products working with an agile engineering organization
- Equally adept at being hands-on and sweating the details and at looking at the larger picture and driving the strategic vision
- Adept with data analysis and optimization; know how to evaluate a complex workflow
- Adept with experimentation; know how to run successful experiments
- Maturity to balance short-term and long-term development needs simultaneously
- Comfortable with change; rapid company growth demands and rewards flexibility
- Project management experience across complex projects
- Excellent communication skills, especially written, for multiple audiences
- Willingness to step in to fill gaps and push for team success
- Trusted by team members and outside customers alike to deliver on what is promised
- Experience scaling products during fast growing environments
- Experience optimizing workflows via experiments
- Engaging writing for an outside audience, examples: a company or personal blog, instructional material to help drive adoption of your product, etc
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The US base salary for this position ranges from $130,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $200,000/year in our highest geographic market. Consistent with applicable laws, an employee's pay within this range is based on a number of factors, which include but are not limited to relevant education, skills, job-related knowledge, qualifications, work experience, credentials, and/or geographic location. Your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process. Coalition, Inc. reserves the right to modify this range as needed.
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses