Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
Risk Engineering at Coalition is about finding ways to help our clients solve cyber risk. As we launch Coalition in Australia, we are looking for an experienced cyber and technology E&O underwriter who can collaborate with our launch team, using Coalition’s best ideas and unique capabilities to sustainably grow our business.
This is a hybrid position based anywhere in Australia, with preference for Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane areas.
- Manage underwriting activity, working with insurance brokers to negotiate pricing, coverages and other terms as we profitably build and grow our book of business
- In line with Coalition underwriting standards, collaborate with Security Engineers to review cyber and tech E&O accounts for risk acceptability
- Analytically research policyholders and risks to make nuanced underwriting decisions
- Drive processes of continuous improvement to refine underwriting and pricing guidelines for the Australian market
- Create new and maintain current processes for renewal business to meet our customer service standards
- Actively participate in determining our approach to emerging threats, loss trends, marketplace changes, and other trends in cyber and technology risks
- Identify areas where our unique capabilities provide us with a competitive advantage, and build out processes that support these
- Work alongside the Business Development team to support their goals and strengthen partnerships with brokers
- Partner with Customer Success, Claims, and Product/Engineering teams to continually improve our technology and broker experiences
- Serve as a subject matter expert for team on coverage matter and endorsement drafting
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of previous experience underwriting financial lines, with preference for cyber and technology E&O risks
- Flexibility to underwrite mid-market and SME business at pace; leveraging technology to make decisions
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
For CA residents, please view important privacy information here. For EU residents, you can view GDPR information here. For any questions regarding CCPA or GDPR, please contact us at email@example.com.