Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer (remote) to be a key leader in expanding Coalition’s internal security program. This role will serve as a full-spectrum security engineer with a strong focus on detection and response. Securing Coalition is essential to protecting our policyholders and achieving Coalition’s goals of solving cyber-security risk. The InfoSec team leads the company-wide efforts to improve Coalition’s security posture in close collaboration with Product, Engineering, and IT.
This is an engineering role, and you will be a key contributor to our roadmap while building innovative and scalable detection/response solutions. We’re targeted by the most capable adversaries, and InfoSec has excellent visibility/support from the entire company. You will use modern cloud technology stacks in both the production and corporate environment, and you will influence major security technology decisions. This role will report to the Director of Security & Infrastructure under the Engineering department and will partner with the IT, Security Engineering and Platform Engineering teams.
- Provide expert experience building information security programs to include hands-on selection, implementation and/or assessment of security controls
- Evaluate, test, implement, and operate endpoint, cloud, and network-based security tools to enhance Infosec’s monitoring of the technology environment
- Respond to computer security incidents and/or collect, analyze and disseminate cyber threat intelligence
- Hunt for threats by monitoring logs, behavioral data, and other data sources
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of security engineering experience with a focus on attack detection and response. Especially in macOS, AWS, and SaaS environments
- Minimum of 1 year in development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrate expert understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attack vectors, and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures
- Experience with the critical tools used in security event analysis, incident response, computer forensics, malware analysis or other areas of security operations
- Expertise with security information and event management (SIEM) systems and writing high-signal, low-noise detections
- Knowledge and operational use of major cloud technologies
- Incorporate Cyber Threat Intelligence and Cyber Security Awareness concepts into programs as necessary to address risk from internal and external threats
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences - articulate security risk and mitigate controls to management. Empathetic and proactive in supporting business needs
- Knowledge of programming and scripting for development of security tools and industry frameworks is helpful
- Knowledge of tiered operational support involving all aspects of the monitoring, response and triage of cybersecurity events
- Experience with SOAR platforms (Demisto, Phantom, etc.)
- Experience with MITRE ATT&CK framework, and ability to adapt these adversary techniques, tactics, and procedures to IDS and SIEM rules
- Experience with vulnerability scanning and management tooling, such as Nmap, Nessus, Nexpose, Qualys, Burp, Kali, Metasploit, or other offensive tools
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The US base salary for this position ranges from $125,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $205,000/year in our highest geographic market. Consistent with applicable laws, an employee's pay within this range is based on a number of factors, which include but are not limited to relevant education, skills, job-related knowledge, qualifications, work experience, credentials, and/or geographic location. Your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process. Coalition, Inc. reserves the right to modify this range as needed.
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
For CA residents, please view important privacy information here. For EU residents, you can view GDPR information here. For any questions regarding CCPA or GDPR, please contact us at email@example.com.